Author Topic: Barracuda tubing kits  (Read 1961 times)

Offline cleppla

• Fabricator
Barracuda tubing kits
« on: July 16, 2009, 09:50:04 PM »
Does anyone offer Barracuda tubing kits?   I have been waiting for my local fabrication shop to bend up the tubing I gave him almost two months ago.  He has still not gotten it started.  I about to scrap that and do something else if I can not get it done soon.

Chris

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
Re: Barracuda tubing kits
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 10:24:50 PM »
Ill be willing to do it. I can bend it upin the next week or 2. You are only after the bent parts right? Wish I knew a few weeks ago. I have 5 sitting in the garage being worked on now. I could have done it all in the same set up. I custom made all my own bend dies to get the radiuses correct and have done a # of them so have plenty of practice.

I shipped all the bent tubing to Oklahoma a couple years ago for $100

Where are you located?

I recommend that you buy the material to finish it off locally in lengths. Shipping a bunch of pre cut tube can get expensive.

Offline cleppla

• Fabricator
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 10:39:16 PM »
I live in PA.   I too wish I knew I would had this problem.  I had bought all the steel and he wanted test pieces to bend.  I rushed to get everything cut and over to his place a day after I picked up tubing. It has been sitting ever since.

In his defense. He does run a full service garage and machine shop. On the weekends he races (drag strip).

Chris

artie on edge

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 03:10:15 AM »
I live in PA.   I too wish I knew I would had this problem.  I had bought all the steel and he wanted test pieces to bend.  I rushed to get everything cut and over to his place a day after I picked up tubing. It has been sitting ever since.

In his defense. He does run a full service garage and machine shop. On the weekends he races (drag strip).

keep defendin him... he'll keep slackin off.... human nature   ;D

Chris

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 05:38:40 AM »
pm me if you want to discuss having me do it for you.  8)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 09:39:38 PM »
chris, I would take doug up on this offer, you won't be disapointed!!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline cleppla

• Fabricator
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 01:20:10 AM »
I agree DSrace.  Everything I have gotten from Doug has been first rate!  He is an asset to the people like me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal