Author Topic: scammed via ebay  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Tydra

• VIP
  • GRASSHOPPER
scammed via ebay
« on: May 25, 2009, 09:31:19 PM »
so i thought i'd caught a couple of deals on shocks, one pair showed up (bought from a member of MBN), the other didn't, i paid $315 for a pair of never used 12" travel fox airs 2.0 (ebay), a couple weeks after, i emailed him and he sent what i guess was a bogus tracking #, i tried every shipping company i could. i kept faith. he's ignored my emails for the last couple weeks and i just check his activity, he's been on a bit of a spending spree. spending my fookin money. guess it's time to put a dispute on paypal. anyone been through this before? also anyone gotta set of equivalent shocks for sale?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:39:03 PM by Tydra »

Admin

Re: scammed via ebay
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 10:09:24 PM »
Hurry up and do the dispute... There is a time frame, It will cost you 25.00 bux but you should get your money back...

artie on edge

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 10:10:44 PM »
Mate sorry to hear of your experience, Ive used ebay extensively and never had an issue or problem.... but.... I always check the sellers feedback before I bid and only buy stuff that you can be sure is ok (new stuff or things that arent prone to wearing out... unless you want somthing that is worn out so you can refurbish it..).

Good luck.... I dont even trust some people when Im face to face (let alone via a computer), but at least face to face you can hit the other face....  ;)

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 10:22:23 PM »
It is possible but not likley... I am aware that the FOX factory is still backed up. If he was selling shocks he needed to order then that could explain the time, but he should still reply. Paypal should help you get the payment back. Never did it myself. Good luck, Sorry to hear of your misfortune!

Offline Tydra

• VIP
  • GRASSHOPPER
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 06:29:49 AM »
the dispute is open, the shocks were new never used (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120410506724&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:MOTORS:1123). the user account had been open for 2 years, he had 100% positive feedback on 24 transactions at the time. everything lined up or so i thought.

Admin

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 08:43:08 AM »
With paypal You have to provide shipping details within 7 business days or you can be disputed anyhow, so factory slowup or not doesn't matter, that shit pisses me off when people sell shit on ebay that do not have it in hand to ship promptly...

Offline Tydra

• VIP
  • GRASSHOPPER
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 09:24:26 AM »
so filing the dispute got her attention, she emailed me an accurate tracking # that says they were shipped but returned to shipper on may 5th. i'm not sure why. or why she ignored me for 2 weeks. hopefully she wises up and ships them yesterday, as soon as i get them i'll have this thing rollin. finish welding the whole frame now. damn that's a lot of welding, just ran out of wire, gotta go.

Offline Tydra

• VIP
  • GRASSHOPPER
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 10:07:44 AM »
lol. she blamed her husband, said something got fooked up with the paperwork and that they back on the way. that's a relief.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 10:14:30 AM »
Typical, blame the husband.  Glad to hear you got it worked out, maybe.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

artie on edge

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 04:01:28 PM »
of course non of this explains why they ignored your emails..... convenient huh?  ::)

Glad you're sorted....  ;D

SPEC

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 09:25:25 AM »
Isn't really sorted till the parts are in hand :-\

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 01:44:06 PM »
You get a plasma back yet,spec?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 03:02:38 PM »
Ya,
I been using the hell out of it...

artie on edge

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 12:14:14 AM »
Any news? Did your shocks arrive?

Offline Tydra

• VIP
  • GRASSHOPPER
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 09:04:37 PM »
sorry, forgot the update, they showed up in perfect condition. been too busy to get buggy time lately, i think i'm gonna have to start booking days off to work on it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal