Author Topic: Odypilots' 600 Rotax Pilot  (Read 6502 times)

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
Re: Odypilots' 600 Rotax Pilot
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 05:18:26 PM »

SPEC

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 05:30:40 PM »
Oh my...
I'm thinkin you 3 need a room ;D

Admin

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 05:34:53 PM »
Engineer hasn't shared any dentech candids yet, so we cant go that far... ;D

SPEC

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 05:35:55 PM »

odypilots

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 05:58:23 PM »
Looks Good!  Looks like there might be some shock upgrades there as well.  If you don't mind I have a few questions from my odessy ignorance.

I take it the original engine was not a Rotax....  Was it a single?  How many CC?

Is the gear/chain box we see in the rear the original for the machine?  Are you running the original CVT?

Anyone know a good source of info on these machines?  I would like to read up.  My Uncle had a yellow one when I was a kid, but I don't remember much.

As Bug said, it's a Honda Pilot fl400. My buddy, who had one, called it an 400 Odyssey, as it's the next model after the 350 Odyssey. This frame has a ATV Racing long travel kit added to it by a previous owner.

The original engine was a 400cc two stroke single.

It's the original Honda gearbox, with a custom input shaft to allow an Arctic  Cat driven. The drive clutch is the stock SkiDoo TRA.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:02:25 PM by Odypilots »

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 06:35:59 PM »
As Bug said, it's a Honda Pilot fl400. My buddy, who had one, called it an 400 Odyssey, as it's the next model after the 350 Odyssey. This frame has a ATV Racing long travel kit added to it by a previous owner.

The original engine was a 400cc two stroke single.

It's the original Honda gearbox, with a custom input shaft to allow an Arctic  Cat driven. The drive clutch is the stock SkiDoo TRA.

Thanks!

Did you change it over from the honda motor to the Rotax?  When you say custom shaft, does someone make a kit to do the motor changeover, or is it a one off deal? 

Now I see why bug was looking for more motor......  That pilot will probably whip the draks ass!

Do you know the ratio in the Honda box?  Is it a FNR or just reduction?

odypilots

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 07:31:55 PM »
Thanks!

Did you change it over from the honda motor to the Rotax?  When you say custom shaft, does someone make a kit to do the motor changeover, or is it a one off deal? 

Now I see why bug was looking for more motor......  That pilot will probably whip the draks ass!

Do you know the ratio in the Honda box?  Is it a FNR or just reduction?

Yea, AtvNut and I installed it. He did the thinking!

It was a one off, then I had a couple more made for another Pilot guy.

I've heard the ratio is 9.something to 1, almost 10 to 1. It'a an FNR.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 07:44:59 PM »
Yea, AtvNut and I installed it. He did the thinking!

It was a one off, then I had a couple more made for another Pilot guy.

I've heard the ratio is 9.something to 1, almost 10 to 1. It'a an FNR.

Very Cool!  10:1 and a FNR.  Sounds like a sweet setup.

odypilots

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »
We got her buttoned up today. Bug engineered a belt guard/electric starter protecter that we got on. He also welded on a camera mount for the new camcorder. I just have to deal with a carb float bowl leak, then I'll be good to go! I'll start checking into shipping costs to get me and it over to The Land Down Under so I can test it out against Bazz and his band of cohorts (I wish!).

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 03:36:34 PM »
We got her buttoned up today. Bug engineered a belt guard/electric starter protecter that we got on. He also welded on a camera mount for the new camcorder. I just have to deal with a carb float bowl leak, then I'll be good to go! I'll start checking into shipping costs to get me and it over to The Land Down Under so I can test it out against Bazz and his band of cohorts (I wish!).

You can sit in the pilot and we will fill the rest of the crate with brats and beers......  look like "spies like us" when they pry off the lid!

Admin

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 05:20:50 PM »
Lol, Ody is really giving me to much credit, I mainly just put the ideas in his head, actually he already had some, he desrves most of the credit for the belt guard, i just welded on some tabs and made some suggestions.... ;D

odypilots

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 05:38:50 PM »
You can sit in the pilot and we will fill the rest of the crate with brats and beers......  look like "spies like us" when they pry off the lid!

LOL! A month long diet of beer and brats, that would be one foul smelling crate!

odypilots

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 05:43:48 PM »

artie on edge

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 08:36:48 PM »

Get a bulk deal done and bring a few others over... should get a decent discount that way (all sit in your cars and come in the cargo hold, the airline will never know) ::)

Could even introduce you guys to decent beer and the correct side of the road...

Offline Buggybaz

• Fabricator
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 09:42:04 PM »

WOW! :o What a momentous week!...I turned 50 and Dave turned a spanner! ;D ....Only kiddin' Mate,great to see you guys gettin' some progress done on the Ol' girl. SHOULD also be quicker to the next race vids.
Artie,we ALL need to win Looto,then the 1st that does,has to pay for Dave/Bug and Co to come on Downunder and churn some red dust with us.
East coast at Torc and West coast at Northam.
The rest of the Aussie-learning will come with some Beers,Barbie n Snags! ...Baz

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal