Author Topic: Idaho 2017 Potluck plans  (Read 5422 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Idaho 2017 Potluck plans
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 04:28:29 PM »
ya both rear rims are that way. front a arms are ripped off on diff places and rear trailing arms. he barral rolled then cartwheeled 7 times. i talked to his bud that was there.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2017, 04:30:48 PM »
group pic

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 04:37:49 PM »
taylor and samantha at the lake

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 04:41:20 PM »
at the lake

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 07:45:42 PM »
mose built twin turbo 6.0.  1020hp at wheels. he didnt know tq.
What was your opinion of the fab quality on that car? Reason I asked is because I was always under the impression he was pretty top notch but a couple years ago or so he just got plain crucified on GD.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2017, 09:26:19 PM »
ok so group decision.....if carl and fast dont bring ice cream for the next trip dont show up  LMAO LMAO

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2017, 04:12:30 PM »
What was your opinion of the fab quality on that car? Reason I asked is because I was always under the impression he was pretty top notch but a couple years ago or so he just got plain crucified on GD.

well i can say i thought as a whole it appears to be top notch. this one has flat panels for a body but that is nothing. the time it took to roll the roof cross tubes to match the arc in the roll cage was substantial. the chassis was tig welded with out a doubt. everything lines up for triangulation on supports and looks well supported. the rear shock mounts appear to be adequate but for something that size and tq i would go a little stronger. what really was surprising and i still have a hard time believing is the owner told me it scaled in at 2600 lbs wet! now either that is absolutely amazing for a 5 seater v8 with all the electronics plus fiberglass panels, windshield and hydrolic power steering system along with 17" rims and the biggest cutting tires and paddles i have seen in person or the owner was repeating what he was told. but for a car that large and it appeared to be 1.62" od tube, but for something that large to be that light then the tube wall must be very thin imo. that motor deg isn't and that seq shift trans isn't light let alone the motor etc etc. now there's enough head room for a 6'5" tall man and still be 4" over his head. nothing wrong with that but does change  the overall look. fit and finish wasn't anything with a wow factor either. but as a whole i like the looks of his design. now there were 2 other v8 rails here with full bodies by wicked sand toys and they appeared very top quality. i didn't crawl around on them or under but the best of the best from what one can see. the body covers up so much of the chassis it's hard to see on that one. based on what i saw of mose built i am not sure why they would be beating on him on gd.com as compared to a suspensions unlimited rail his is far more advanced imo. several of those out here too.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 04:19:16 PM »
at 36 sec is the brown and tan one i looked at out here or looks just like it. wicked sand car that is

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 04:21:04 PM by dsrace »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal