Author Topic: Arizona Transaxle Exchange  (Read 2770 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Arizona Transaxle Exchange
« on: January 09, 2009, 08:11:18 PM »
So, here is a story about as exciting as telling you about a great dentist -

- Happy to have found a good one, but, don't wanna go back anytime soon.  - Bill's words not mine. 

Bill of Arizona Transaxle Exchange is a site sponsor and one of the nicest guys you will meet.  I managed to break my bus box, I guess he could give the details of what all was replaced.  But here is my take:

LOTS! Lots and lots was replaced.  Came to pick the trans axle up and there was a pile of stuff. I would say about 30% of the possible parts there are in / on the dang thing are all fresh.  All carefully marked, checked with dye pen and we went through every part. 

Now, half of what it all does does not make sense to me.  But Bill was happy to show and explain everything that was bad. I sensed he would have spent as much time as I wanted to to ensure I understood why, what, and how it needed to be fixed / replaced. 

He also went through the entire transaxle, and made sure it met HIS standards.  Replaced more than I would have figured needed to be replaced.  Showed me where the guys before had made / come up with some less than ideal solutions that are now - you guessed it - RIGHT!

Service - wont find it better anywhere else.  Period. 

As to cost, well, I won't kiss and tell, but members do get a discount, and I am VERY comfortable that the price was MORE THAN FAIR.

So, here is the big question as this is a national, and somewhat international board. 
In Arizona - Worth the drive no matter where you are at.
In US  - they don't weigh that much and it is likely worth the shipping costs as well.  I say yes!

The piece of mind alone knowing that you have the right equipment / service  etc is worth the shipping costs.    

I am 100% confident that it was done right.  100% confident that if I hold up my end - ie - nothing stupid in the sand (This is so not looking good for me) - the box will hold up it's end and give me a very long service life.  When the time comes, and it will again, I will be back.

In the meantime - 100% thumbs up - pay the shipping, do the drive, it is worth the cost.    :)

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Jerry

Re: Arizona Transaxle Exchange
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 08:39:10 AM »
Yummi, were are they located.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 08:42:37 AM »
Indian School and 38th Ave.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Jerry

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 10:29:37 AM »
Yummi I am sorry i forgot i was not on the home page( could not find there ad). It is on the home page.

Offline Az Transaxle

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 11:37:26 AM »
I have been pretty busy lately so I haven't had time to post much and that might be why my link is not showing. Try www.aztransaxle.com
Yummi I'm glad your pleased and thanks for your positive review!

SPEC

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 11:53:19 AM »
You will also
Find them on the bottom of the forum page in the vendor section

Admin

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 02:43:56 PM »
I have been pretty busy lately so I haven't had time to post much and that might be why my link is not showing. Try www.aztransaxle.com
Yummi I'm glad your pleased and thanks for your positive review!

Your link is still up, we have been reworking the site a bit, and jerry may have caught it when i had it down for a few, yummi graciously modified your banner as well...No problem on not being able to Post Whore everyday, we dont expect that.... ;D

Offline Az Transaxle

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 03:07:22 PM »
Thanks guys!

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 05:11:06 PM »
So, here is a story about as exciting as telling you about a great dentist -

- Happy to have found a good one, but, don't wanna go back anytime soon.  - Bill's words not mine. 

Bill of Arizona Transaxle Exchange is a site sponsor and one of the nicest guys you will meet.  I managed to break my bus box, I guess he could give the details of what all was replaced.  But here is my take:

LOTS! Lots and lots was replaced.  Came to pick the trans axle up and there was a pile of stuff. I would say about 30% of the possible parts there are in / on the dang thing are all fresh.  All carefully marked, checked with dye pen and we went through every part. 

Now, half of what it all does does not make sense to me.  But Bill was happy to show and explain everything that was bad. I sensed he would have spent as much time as I wanted to to ensure I understood why, what, and how it needed to be fixed / replaced. 

He also went through the entire transaxle, and made sure it met HIS standards.  Replaced more than I would have figured needed to be replaced.  Showed me where the guys before had made / come up with some less than ideal solutions that are now - you guessed it - RIGHT!

Service - wont find it better anywhere else.  Period. 

As to cost, well, I won't kiss and tell, but members do get a discount, and I am VERY comfortable that the price was MORE THAN FAIR.

So, here is the big question as this is a national, and somewhat international board. 
In Arizona - Worth the drive no matter where you are at.
In US  - they don't weigh that much and it is likely worth the shipping costs as well.  I say yes!

The piece of mind alone knowing that you have the right equipment / service  etc is worth the shipping costs.    

I am 100% confident that it was done right.  100% confident that if I hold up my end - ie - nothing stupid in the sand (This is so not looking good for me) - the box will hold up it's end and give me a very long service life.  When the time comes, and it will again, I will be back.

In the meantime - 100% thumbs up - pay the shipping, do the drive, it is worth the cost.    :)
That is fantastic to hear. You won't get a much better testimonial than that!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal