Author Topic: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion  (Read 81545 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion
« Reply #240 on: April 23, 2017, 08:57:07 AM »
ok i do have to say that the new efr turbo enemy installed A. doesn't sound like a normal turbo,,,,hard to explain that one but waaaay quieter than normal. B. you can audibly track 0 psi and 6 psi from the pass seat which really helps when you trying to reduce whiplash from being stuffed into you seat when it goes from 5 psi to 20 psi in 2 seconds  rofl

that is one insane responsive turbo and so compact and quiet i can't get over how quiet that turbo is!
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #241 on: April 23, 2017, 09:49:29 AM »
ok i do have to say that the new efr turbo enemy installed A. doesn't sound like a normal turbo,,,,hard to explain that one but waaaay quieter than normal. B. you can audibly track 0 psi and 6 psi from the pass seat which really helps when you trying to reduce whiplash from being stuffed into you seat when it goes from 5 psi to 20 psi in 2 seconds  rofl

that is one insane responsive turbo and so compact and quiet i can't get over how quiet that turbo is!
That takes all the fun out of it!  ;D  Just kidding,when is the maiden dune trip?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #242 on: April 23, 2017, 08:23:31 PM »
well i had hoped to have had it done already however my year didnt start off so good but i am picking up speed on assembly. still waiting on my turbo which according to ups tracking should be here wens.  i am hoping to hear it run in a couple weeks. i will make a quick 2 day run to LS to tune it at that time. i need it dune ready for st a after all lol

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: April 23, 2017, 09:15:09 PM »
Let me know when.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #244 on: April 23, 2017, 10:07:27 PM »
oh i plan on it as enemy will be tuning his new turbo busa engine as well and i would like to see that new rail of yours too!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #245 on: April 28, 2017, 02:50:39 PM »
ok so ran into a snag. i finally got the turbo. looks good overall but it has two threaded holes and two thru holes. well the way the chinaman made the header you cannot use anything other than studs out of it.  that pos external waste gate attachment i bought even further complicated this issue. so i posted pics on stingers forum to hear from people with experience. stinger himself commented    "

The eBay link for the one you bought, it will crack on the first trip out. It's made in China and is thin wall. The price is the first hint that it's Chinese, there are a dozen or more other hints I won't bother listing." 

so i asked who builds good quality turbo header/manifolds for these engines. he only had 1 recommendation. a fella in indiana. contacted him and he def has some experience lol lol  so $350 plus shipping for a heavyier wall quality header with 38mm port for wg welded on and welded correctly. his will center the turbo back forward a couple inches wich will be good for my shocks. to re cap here are a couple pics of current china header. then pics he sent of what will be here in a week to 10 days.

and an optional top mount header he makes as well but this one is $550 plus shipping. the chinese versions are $150 to $200 and crack quite a bit depending on set up.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #246 on: April 28, 2017, 02:58:24 PM »
and just to be clear.....i did not know nor could i find anyone in posts or searchs on these ford 2.3 forums of guys making turbo headers or i would've bought one long before ebay!   i even considered drilling out the the t3 flange on the turbo on the top two holes but not enough room to get a nut on the one hole and damn sure not enough room for a wrench. well i could grind a little clearance spot but don't really want to. plus that wg bolt on box just had me worried looking at it bolted on.  here's a few more pics

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #247 on: April 28, 2017, 03:14:40 PM »
i  included the 3rd pic above in prev post just for lancew  rofl rofl

the china header is not surfaced either, randy from indiana does surface his before they ship! 

so for anyone wondering.....yes that is a holset turbo. it's a hybrid made for me by ian at turbo lab.  he claims that it spools faster than the t3 t4 turbo netics enemy had and now i have heard that same statement from 2 others that have ran the hy35 holset stock on there 2.3's so i have high hopes. mine is not stock it is an open scroll t3 hy35 (i believe) 9cm exh housing which is the smallest they made on the early cummins diesel trucks. then machined out for a 58mm by 70mm wheel .65 a/r.....hx35 comp housing i believe machined out for a billet extended tip 5x5 blade 54mm by 78mm which is 52 trim.  set up to spool a lot faster than stock. so i have high hopes,,,i guess lol

Offline big dave

« Reply #248 on: April 29, 2017, 08:01:39 AM »
night and day difference in the headers, love the look of the new one as well.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: April 29, 2017, 11:37:34 AM »
AGREE!!! The new one just looks fast!.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #250 on: April 29, 2017, 01:17:46 PM »
That's a damn nice header! I may have to give that sir a call, will see how long my last header repair lasts lol
Nice to see you got the grease smudge off yer camera lens  ;)
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #251 on: April 29, 2017, 01:23:32 PM »
And using a massive WG tube! Excellent ... a big FAIL on the header I bought, and why I deleted the external gate and went internal. Couldn't control boost worth a shit after 25psi... and kept cracking from the weight of its self on the thin wall garbage they used in mine..
 Your turbo is cute too btw  ;D
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #252 on: May 01, 2017, 05:53:34 AM »
Turbo looking good!!
New header is looking good, real good.  This pic had me rolling.  Sexy.
LOL
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #253 on: May 11, 2017, 07:33:31 AM »
thought this was interesting......this guy also makes a log style header that still flows better than stock manifold lol 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #254 on: May 25, 2017, 10:16:18 AM »
well i have been working on the rail...almost 3 weeks but only a few hrs a night but still! just on the wiring. now i had to strip all of it out of the rail. so this is a complete start over. i ordered a ron francis harness and i really like it. decided to route the wiring in the wing trunk so had to cut that harness open and re route 50% of it. also got rid of the dizzy and replaced it with a crank gear in the dizzy housing. i'll have to take pics of that at some point and post them.

all new console, new gauges, new front lights, new top lights, new engine! now everything except the 2g batt cable is fused with a relay as well! including the 2 dome lights i installed too lol

saw the sand blasting on my batt box. had no idea the spray was coming up this high up into the engine compartment.

decided to go walbro 450lph pump so had to re do or figure out how to make that pump fit the busa head since for now i need to re use my tank but just for now. i have an idea for a diff location that requires a custom tank if i keep this frame. and at the cost of that submersible e85 safe fuel line i got with some 3/8" galvanized brake line with a double flare. that gates hose is expensive $22 per foot! pn#27097

also discovered my intake was too tight to my radiator for my taste so i had to rotate it and re route intake tube to innercooler.

here is the wiring in the wing trunk.....the ecu is on the left and above it is a cpu 12 v fan to help lol

new console

here's my cam card

also haven't got my new header yet...been waiting a while now

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal