Author Topic: The Blackbird  (Read 2664 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
The Blackbird
« on: February 09, 2009, 03:55:39 PM »
  Has any one of you guy's seen this car.  this thing was on three pages of the October September 2001 Sand Sports mag.  Great engineering and what a choice of rearends. 

It would be interesting to know if it is still around and running. Ifen I start a new build this would be worth looking at for sure.  What would this beauty be like with a turbo busa in it.  WOW. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maybe we can get Master to engineer the sprint car style quick change adaptor. Hint Hint.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:57:49 PM by fastcorvairs »

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Admin

Re: The Blackbird
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 04:17:28 PM »
Bdkw is doing the same thing with a winters quick change...

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 04:19:12 PM »
Who dat.  Bdkw?

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

plkracer

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 04:24:01 PM »
He's a member here and at MBN (;D ;D ;D ;D edit by Fabr ;D ;D). His avatar is a little robot.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 04:32:51 PM by Masterfabr »

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 04:42:12 PM »
Yah bdkw1 has quite a build log at that other place: http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/projects-progress/5073-midi-buggy.html  I asked him to put up some info here, but he says there are no updates.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 05:14:29 PM »
Yah bdkw1 has quite a build log at that other place: http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/projects-progress/5073-midi-buggy.html  I asked him to put up some info here, but he says there are no updates.

Thanks Engineer. 

I will keep a watchfull eye on this one.   :-X :-X gg: gg:

Admin

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 05:21:27 PM »
-1 referral point for enigineer..... ;D

Admin

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 05:21:38 PM »

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 11:50:13 PM »

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 11:56:20 PM »
  Has any one of you guy's seen this car.  this thing was on three pages of the October September 2001 Sand Sports mag.  Great engineering and what a choice of rearends. 

It would be interesting to know if it is still around and running. Ifen I start a new build this would be worth looking at for sure.  What would this beauty be like with a turbo busa in it.  WOW. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maybe we can get Master to engineer the sprint car style quick change adaptor. Hint Hint.  ;D ;D ;D

It is still running around the Silver Lake Sand dunes. I saw it out there this last summer (Pretty sure it was this last year and not one before it.). I think he was trying to sell it. It was driving by and had a for sale sign on it I believe. I might know how to find him if some had some loot and was interested. I do not know how much but if you ask about it on this website:

http://www.silverlakeforum.com/

You will find those who know him and maybe him himself. 
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal