Author Topic: seats  (Read 11884 times)

southernford246

Re: seats
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 12:58:25 PM »
i hate them seats when i ran late model for a friend that seat hurt my back for a while

SPEC

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 01:28:42 PM »
Rorty seats aren't available in the US...yet...
Artie what did you use for foam?? the stuff it called for or something different....I've been toying with the Idea of deeper sides and 2 kinds of foam...light stuff like on couch cushions on top and the energy absorbing underneath

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 01:33:00 PM »
it is.  ;)

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!

Aren't you like 20 hours ahead of us or something......  How is 2009 treating you so far??

artie on edge

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 01:56:18 PM »
you betcha, its 7.50am here. Yeah this years been really good so far! Happy new year to you all as well.

The seat isnt available for purchase anywhere, the plans are free on Rortys site, drop in and down load them.

Spec, you will know this more than most (I think), these seats have to be built to suit your back! And once you've done that very few people will be able to use 'your' seat. (prob why you hated it Southernford)

Ive used sprung seats, fibreglass shells but nothing is as comfy as this while supplying the support needed for off road racing (dont forget thats alll I do, I dont spend all afternoon tooling around in one of these).

An upholstered strip fits where your back shoulders and bum hits the seat, no idea what it contains.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 01:58:04 PM »
No way in hell I'd go offroad in one of those but as so often is the case -to each his own.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Admin

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 02:02:04 PM »
For a pure race machine, the aluminum seat with a properly built suspension is the only way to go...

artie on edge

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 02:02:46 PM »
This is the same seat upholstered. This isnt my seat, belongs to a car by one of my competitors Mauro's Razorbac.

artie on edge

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 02:05:14 PM »
Dont forget Mastf, I spend 10 mins in the seat up to 12 times in a day. Once a year I spend 90 mins in it, 30 min break and then another 90 mins. Not like your spending all weekend in it. Like spec says, suprisingly less aches from one of these over a sprung seat (body flops around too much.

Comfy? sort of...

SPEC

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 02:05:19 PM »
Yup,
I'm Thinkin deeper and 2 fold foam...Except the chassis out of mild steel, Cuz I got no spool gun any more  :'(

artie on edge

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 02:19:27 PM »
Another pic of that seat, cept its got a car wrapped around it an a bum in it.... otherwise you can see its the same seat cant you?

SPEC

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 02:38:04 PM »
Ya sure can ;D
So is that your BEADY LITTLE EYES we see there?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 02:49:16 PM »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

artie on edge

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 02:51:17 PM »
nah, thats Mauro, if you could see that car with the panels off you would recognise the Sinister Sand Sports influence, Mauro designed it and modelled a good deal off Yoshi's beast (with Yoshi's permission).

It goes pretty hard (busa) and he's running 3rd in our points score. Nice car, nice guy.

Admin

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 02:51:53 PM »
BS!

you call bs, whatever you wish...Prove me different, how many race cars you see with a non race seat, besides desert racers with 24" of travel?

artie on edge

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 02:52:36 PM »
BS!

perhaps he should have said "in my opinion", and in mine as well.

As for BS...BS!  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal