Author Topic: small 2 seat  (Read 4764 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: small 2 seat
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 10:09:38 AM »
ANd soooooo true.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

FWIW I feel the 600 and a honda tranny may be best for you.I have followed the BS Arrowhead (can you tell I dislike the SOB? ::))thread and feel that yes it is a good idea for something such as what Arrowpinhead did with one with a 600 or so.Behind a busa I feel he's blowing smoke up our asses and he will have chain issues as he has a very short chain. If it does not give trouble then the old fart doesn't drive very aggressively (we will though) . I think you're on the right track.A cvt would be nice for your use also.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Admin

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 02:03:07 PM »
Ill be ready to hit Durhamtown 2nd week of April or so, you gonna be game tornado?

tornadorex

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2008, 03:10:41 PM »
I have a 3 gun match I am shooting in the 18 of april but we may be able to load up the grizzly or LTZ 400 and give it a go some time around then. you gona have your drak. there?

Admin

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 03:34:16 PM »
I have a 3 gun match I am shooting in the 18 of april but we may be able to load up the grizzly or LTZ 400 and give it a go some time around then. you gona have your drak. there?

Yup, 3 gun match, tell us more?

Bedo

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2008, 10:09:27 PM »
just now saw this thread.  welcome t-rex.  i'm up in n.e. tenn.  i've been looking into building a buggy myself for the trails, but, width, which motor/tranny and oh, cost still has me not doing so.  so, i went with chinese for now.  but i'll be following this thread and hopefully i'll learn something from you on building a trails buggy.  but, what i have learned here, shifting is not fun on tight trails.  i personally would rather have an RPM tranny with a modded 35HP briggs vtwin.  gear it for speed and still have tons of torque.  anyway, welcome and good luck on your build. 

tornadorex

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2008, 10:53:42 PM »
Well the 600 suzuki that i have has 91 hp 51 ft lbs torque bone stock so power should be ok as long as i dont get too heavy and as for shifting  on trail dont mind that,I like shiftin better in or on everything else i have so kind of used to that. Didnt bother me too much in my old VW rail, It was long and too big for some of the places it went.  and defanatly didnt have the hp/weight that i am looking at here.

Bug, I shoot in IDPA and a couple other shooting leages here in the greenville spartainburg anderson area and trying to get going on some 3 gun comps. (Rifle Pistol Shotgun in the same match) Not too many 3 gun close to here. Probably going to try to hit more in the surounding states in 09. Think i have a vid or two on here try to get them up.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 02:26:03 AM by Tornadorex »

tornadorex

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 02:27:49 AM »
The rest of what i have on here they are not that good of stages but you get the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ternadorex

Hoodlum

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 05:30:48 AM »

Admin

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2008, 06:06:35 AM »
Sounds good, Hell i was gonna leave at 6 this am to head that direction, Freezing rain right now so im gonna delay it a cpl hours here...

405dentech

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2008, 01:52:05 PM »

SPEC

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2008, 02:31:10 PM »
That's us ;D :o
But looks aren't everything

tornadorex

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 11:03:37 PM »
Well getting the sheetrock done in my new shop(40'x40') now so maybe i can get every thing organized, Have some room, and get started on this new project.
I have been looking and can't really nail down what type of hubs and brakes to use on a buggy this size without breaking the bank.   Any suggestions from those who have been there done that would be a great help.

SPEC

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2009, 03:30:34 AM »
Did You decide on a power plant?
Weight is a deciding factor for me when choosing brakes and hubs, On The 750's ( 500 to 700 pounds)I used to use 250R spindles and hubs up front, Now I build my own spindles and hubs, In the rear I use a inboard sled brake,  You could use a, Bike caliper with an inboard disc as well,
I think if you use the Honda car motor,trans you will want to go to substantially larger stuff

tornadorex

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 06:23:59 PM »
Well i do have the 99 gsxr 600 engine, that i have owned since new, (good shape) so i would like to stay with that. Less $ to use what i have too. It came with 91 hp and i think 46 lbs torque. Don't need monster power where we ride. cant use it, except on some of the bigger open roads and I don't know if i can to be trusted with a 100 mph buggy on those.(big drops on the sides of most) But i do need GOOD brakes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal