Author Topic: sueferer buggy pics  (Read 14126 times)

Offline Whiplash

• VIP
  • Monster Bug is here run for your LIFE!!!
Re: sueferer buggy pics
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2008, 04:33:54 PM »
Alright I looked closer and some of the roll cage bungs are not even welded in, why not get it sand blasted and finish welding everything and go for it, if you feel like selling it cheap, send me a PM I might want to try to get it together for an extra car in the dunes.
"The best things in life are free".........RIIIGHT, He's never been to Glamis!

Bajas RULE!!

Offline Whiplash

• VIP
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2008, 04:37:39 PM »

Bajas RULE!!

Admin

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2008, 04:39:24 PM »
I did see the things you are talking about but steel is a wonderful thing, grind it and re-weld it and its fine, right? At the most add some gussets in the corners to make you feel good, these little things are not going 200mph, I think with a little work it could be saved, the 4500 price is painful though!

I guess if your happy with it, the YOU are fine... ;D

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2008, 05:00:16 PM »
You dont need to go 200mph. how about you break off an arm at 40 on the canal road and put it end over end with your family in it. And for $4500. Hell I will whip one of those POS cars up for someone and just say you can tear apart my finished product that sucks and make it right and I will only charge $4499. Its scary to think that people trust their lives in the hands of others. What is someone who cant weld for shit doing building cars. It just pisses me off when people are screwed out of their hard earned money. I waited 2 years for a fab shop to build a chassis for me and gave them more money than I want to remember and got f-ed like others have. I wonder how those people sleep at night. That's why I started to build my own stuff. Tired of getting jerked around by people trying to make a buck fabricating when they should be working a cash register or answering a phones instead. 
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Admin

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2008, 05:02:48 PM »
You dont need to go 200mph. how about you break off an arm at 40 on the canal road and put it end over end with your family in it. And for $4500. Hell I will whip one of those POS cars up for someone and just say you can tear apart my finished product that sucks and make it right and I will only charge $4499. Its scary to think that people trust their lives in the hands of others. What is someone who cant weld for shit doing building cars. It just pisses me off when people are screwed out of their hard earned money. I waited 2 years for a fab shop to build a chassis for me and gave them more money than I want to remember and got f-ed like others have. I wonder how those people sleep at night. That's why I started to build my own stuff. Tired of getting jerked around by people trying to make a buck fabricating when they should be working a cash register or answering a phones instead.

He actually imported them, but regardless he assembled it and was damn well aware of what it was...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2008, 07:01:15 PM »
Get back on topic please.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

blokhead

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2008, 07:26:19 PM »
my whole point in showing this is to help people beware of this type of craftmanship and to show people how unsafe this buggy is. i wont fix it and i will build my own. i want to thank you guys for getting my point and understanding why i posted this info. whiplash if you want it pm me.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2008, 07:47:46 PM »
Unfortunately in the buggy world there seems like the only thing we can do is pay even more attention to the old free enterprise theory of "let the buyer beware".  OR-------------"beauty is in the eye of the beholder".  8)
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Whiplash

• VIP
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »
I hear what you guys are saying about the cost of a car that is blatently sub-par, I was just saying he could fix it if he wanted to, thats all, not trying to step on any toes...

Bajas RULE!!

lee1969GB

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2008, 12:28:49 AM »
Most of the people on here go on minibuggy as well, some under different names. As I have said that buggy is a good cheap starting point, go buy a taz car For loads $ then have the frame crack through like k fabs did.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 06:07:54 AM by masterfabr »

VLADD

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2008, 04:46:42 AM »
Lee
I think you need to calm down
You spoke your peice, we are free to disagree.
I disagree with you, and  that's fine
This is an open forum
Nobodies bashing anything yet in my opinion, Just airing out their opinions on what they think is SUB PAR for the price paid.
Boltz,
You have a good point, On this site this is us, sharing information and opinions...And THAT IS THAT
We started this site to move away from the politically correct crap on that other site... We have pot stirr's here and that is fine...
Blokhead,
You got screwed royal, FEEL FREE TO AIR OUT EVERY DETAIL ABOUT IT THAT PISSES YOU OFF
Had that 4500 dollar roller NOT been endorsed by a expert would you have bought it?
 We have no want or need to get up on or hump that other sites owners leg.
We all know that they can come on over and join up here and chime in...
By the way

« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 06:17:34 AM by masterfabr »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2008, 06:16:34 AM »
OK,I just deleted all the crap as best I could without totally destroying the thread. Let this be notice to all,THIS IS NOT _MBN. DO NOT DO THIS STUFF HERE,if you wish to get in pissing matches go to -MBN to do so.It will not be tolerated here.KEEP YOUR COMMENTS ON TOPIC and DO NOT further attack each other personally.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

VLADD

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2008, 07:21:58 AM »
This thread got way off topic
I/we the admins deleted alot of posts,
I think I have a solution for the debate (pissing match)that has broke out here.
This is Blokheads thread on how he feels he got the poopy end of the stick
Lee you came out swinging, You feel that you got a good deal
I propose to you that you start your own thread and tell us the good things about it...WITH PICS
What already broke or you just replaced and why WITH PICS
Things said here on this thread will not  be tolerated on your thread either,
What I'm trying to say is this
The mods/admins will give your thread the same protection as was done here...
So I hope You read this and choose to start your own thread

blokhead

« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2008, 07:31:38 AM »
i think i made my point so im gona move on. some get it some dont. some people will buy it no matter what and thats fine .  ;D

SPEC

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2008, 07:39:53 AM »
I posted something earlier that prolly wasn't 100% playing nice...The loose cannon sorta got away from me...
It went something like this ...Minus the nasty stuff...As a builder I would be ashamed of myself for a product like that...I also posted that I would put my money where my mouth is and I'd sell both barb's used buggy and my new not quite completed 750...for less than what you paid for that other one...and I'd take it in intrade, so It could get a propper/fair write up on it's strengths and weaknesses...since the spine is shot and my buggying days are over until I can build something long travel, has reverse, and easy to get in and out of...here's some pix

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal