Author Topic: sueferer buggy pics  (Read 14128 times)

Jay

Re: sueferer buggy pics
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 08:58:54 PM »
So whats the backround story on this thing, i remember that guy from MBN. Was that a brand new roller or what? Looking friggin terrible now.

Offline Pacman

• Resident Smart Ass
  • Fabricator
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2008, 09:11:42 PM »
Dang, that looks rough. Didn't the guy who was importing these put a R1 engine in one?

Offline Pacman

• Resident Smart Ass
  • Fabricator
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2008, 09:24:28 PM »
Found it! GSXR1000

lee1969GB

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2008, 01:49:17 AM »
I have one of those! Been using it to test out an engine and trans. Not as bad as you might think, the 4 mounts at the front and 4 at the rear soon started to move so I made up some extra supports and the shock mount loops at the rear seemed like they wanted to meet so I bolted in a strut brace. I would not like to have to rely on the roll cage in a flip but apart from that it has held up well to a lot of abuse, we have been doing jumps off the wooden ramp (see pic) with the accelarator flat to the floor trying to break the trans.
Let me know if you want some pics of the mods I have done, I would do this first to save ripping the mount out and bending the shock.
Oh and what have you done for outer cv,s? I used the hubs it came with and some cv,s from a scrap yard and they have worked fine.

405dentech

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 01:50:49 AM »
Jam a BUSA in it and run the hell out of it :u

405dentech

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 01:54:23 AM »
I have one of those! Been using it to test out an engine and trans. Not as bad as you might think, the 4 mounts at the front and 4 at the rear soon started to move so I made up some extra supports and the shock mount loops at the rear seemed like they wanted to meet so I bolted in a strut brace. I would not like to have to rely on the roll cage in a flip but apart from that it has held up well to a lot of abuse, we have been doing jumps off the wooden ramp (see pic) with the accelarator flat to the floor trying to break the trans.
Let me know if you want some pics of the mods I have done, I would do this first to save ripping the mount out and bending the shock.
Oh and what have you done for outer cv,s? I used the hubs it came with and some cv,s from a scrap yard and they have worked fine.
Damn that thing looks like it runs like a bat out of hell :)

lee1969GB

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2008, 01:57:19 AM »
more pics

lee1969GB

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 02:09:06 AM »
Damn that thing looks like it runs like a bat out of hell :)
Its fun, Thats my 14 year old son driving

Admin

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 05:34:20 AM »
Lee, take some closeups so we can compare the 2, the one blokhead got is a piece of shit death trap if you look close, the welds are bondoed to cover up the sticky shit they put on them to hold this thing together, Lets not forget here, this thing was 4500 dollars to, and this is what he got...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 07:05:28 AM »
Then why are you trusting it to protect your 14 year old kid? Doesn't make sense to me.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

lee1969GB

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 10:08:44 AM »
Welllll............it beats the hell outta a lawn kart with no cage at all like I had as a kid!
This Quote along with suggesting the guy with this buggy uses it for his kids I do believe the phrase is "practising what you preach"
He had a helmet and harness on, he has driven buggys and karts for years, I told him to go steady because of the roll cage and he did. I do like to look after him but not to wrap him up in cotton woll.
Mine looks just like that (without so much rust) yes the bad welds and yes the bondo over some welds. The tube does have a seam inside it. Do not lose track of the price and this is with shocks brakes hubs wheels tyres seats etc. I see it as a good starting point that needs work.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 10:50:25 AM »
I said use it to 20 mph for the kids.  ;D  Sorry,I don't understand having a buggy that will be jumped like shown and then saying I wouldn't trust it if it flipped. ??? Huh????
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 10:52:55 AM »
I'm not trying to start a pissing match.If you feel the buggy is safe as used  then it's safe to be used.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

lee1969GB

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008, 11:33:58 AM »
Whats your problem! So its now not poiisble to get hurt at 20mph?
Why do we all stay at at home and watch the tv so we do not get hurt.

You should see him go in my 800 pilot ;)

Jay

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2008, 12:05:24 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal