Author Topic: Quick sand  (Read 7059 times)

Offline DeepBusch69

Quick sand
« on: February 14, 2018, 09:27:17 AM »

I got to play in Glamis for the first time.  Epic dunes.  They always say to "park down hill".  I believe them now.  Everyone has a shovel on their buggy somewhere. 

Offline DeepBusch69

Re: Quick sand
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 09:28:58 AM »

Saw the swing set, border wall and flagpole. 

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 09:29:24 AM »
The stars and stripes buggy is driven by a gentleman that is 84 years young.  He usually leads, but was recovering from the flu. 

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 09:30:23 AM »

I found a witch'es eye, thankfully a smaller one.  No damage done.  Had fast helping me dig out. 

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 09:31:56 AM »
These were some of the most difficult and technically challenging dunes I have ever driven on.  The sand was so soft in some areas, it felt like the park brake was on and you were dragging an anchor while going down hill. 

I just wish they were closer! 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 09:43:38 AM »
great pictures !!!! now if we can just teach you how to to video lol  so more technical than st a ? do you like glamis or st a better? LS is going to be a real let down for you now   ;)    sooooo other than really soft sand.....how did your rail do? plenty of power? needed wider paddles? etc etc
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 10:13:11 AM »
great pictures !!!! now if we can just teach you how to to video lol  so more technical than st a ? do you like glamis or st a better? LS is going to be a real let down for you now   ;)    sooooo other than really soft sand.....how did your rail do? plenty of power? needed wider paddles? etc etc

At each end of the dune complex, you have Buttercup on the south and Glamis on the north.  These were the most open dunes and easier to pick a fast line going thru.  We usually played in the Gordon's Well area, which were some tall dunes, but smaller and very soft.  One day we went from buggy flats, right down the middle to almost China wall.  You do not want to break down in that area.  There would be no way to tow you out.  Fast said he had never run 1st gear that much. 

I still like St A for the bigger bowls and fast lines, but there are so many different styles of dunes @ Glamis, that you can always find an area that you like. 

The buggy did good.  Enough power.  The front wheels wanted to come up on the steepest of hills.  I borrowed a set of 14.50 Extremes.  I may need to buy a set.  They are a flatter tire and a little shorter height, which makes my gearing work better.   

The cool part of Glamis is that you can ride for weeks, and never see the same hills.  They go on forever it seems.  And soooo much virgin sand. 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 11:40:43 AM »
i bought the sport tires of america (stu)14.50`s #2 paddle ( very wide and doesnt bend) for this new motor and trans on mine. i can say , with out a doubt, they def are a more aggressive tire with a lot more flotation the the 1100 or 1300`s.  i have never ran extreme brand but 14.50 is 14.50 in width.  glad to hear all is going well. so are you going to buy the lot next to fast and jerry now? lol  are hauling fuel onto the dunes with you then?

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 11:41:39 AM »
i dont see any pics of fast getting dug out?  rofl

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 11:44:10 AM »
The stars and stripes buggy is driven by a gentleman that is 84 years young.  He usually leads, but was recovering from the flu.
Don is quite the guy for sure!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 11:45:07 AM »

I found a witch'es eye, thankfully a smaller one.  No damage done.  Had fast helping me dig out.
WTH? Didn't Jerry have a shovel?  LMAO
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 11:55:10 AM »
i bought the sport tires of america (stu)14.50`s #2 paddle ( very wide and doesnt bend) for this new motor and trans on mine. i can say , with out a doubt, they def are a more aggressive tire with a lot more flotation the the 1100 or 1300`s.  i have never ran extreme brand but 14.50 is 14.50 in width.  glad to hear all is going well. so are you going to buy the lot next to fast and jerry now? lol  are hauling fuel onto the dunes with you then?

I think this is the same name that was on these (sand tires of America)?  Where did you get them and how tall is the #2 paddle?  Is #1 or #2 taller? 
I carried an extra 2 gallons one day.  We ran from 8:00 till 4:30.  I didn't use the 2 gallons, but the fuel gauge showed empty.  Fast put in 5 extra gallons along the way.  It died and wouldn't start when he loaded it on the trailer. 

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 11:57:55 AM »
i dont see any pics of fast getting dug out?  rofl

He got slightly stuck one day, but a little push and bumping the starter in reverse got him out.  I got several good sand showers from him and guy from Canada.  When fast's buggy comes up on rpm, it does it in an instant.  And you cannot get out of the way.....

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 12:00:26 PM »

WTH? Didn't Jerry have a shovel?  LMAO

No, Jerry has a shovel.  Everyone did but myself.  I see why now.  That would be standard equipment out there.  We had a friend with  Can Am Maverick X3 try to run with us.  He didn't have enough power or traction. 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 12:09:39 PM »
Don is quite the guy for sure!

+1

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal