Author Topic: adding a pump  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
adding a pump
« on: October 08, 2008, 01:13:29 PM »
so my bike engine did not use a fuel pump on the stock setup. just a petcock on the tank and fuel line running to the carbs..  what if a person wanted the tank lower than the engine or on a level plane? do you need a fuel pump? and if so how do you go about making sure you get the right pressure and what not?
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Admin

Re: adding a pump
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 01:18:12 PM »
Probably is about 2lbs..Im not certain, needs to have a high volume for 4 carbs tho... ;D

borris

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 01:24:40 PM »
Likely any self regulated fuel pump for a carb'd engine would work..Probably 4-6# I'd guess will be fine .No need IMO to buy anything high dollar.

borris

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 01:26:44 PM »
I doubt if you'd need to worry about it being anything special as far as high volume though.Low pressure automotive aftermarket pumps are easily up to the job.

VLADD

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 03:29:31 AM »
You will probably have to change the needle valve on the fuel inlets of the carbs, some guys have had problems with fuel pumps pushing fuel past them, when switching from gravity to a pump, I'm pretty sure dennis kirk has them.
I saw a while back a guy built a fuel log too...the pump filled the log above the carbs and gravity delivered it

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal