Author Topic: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion  (Read 80737 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion
« Reply #450 on: October 31, 2017, 03:37:46 PM »
they will last no doubt especially with the parts i put in it. as far as hp   really no hp goals just 30 psi boost just because i know the motor will take it lol i know one guy that put 45 psi to his, 3 times in a days ride.  it blew on the 3rd shot of 45 psi boost, through a rod. he was running stock rods and poor aftermarket forged pistons, stock crank too. i believe his was 360 hp at 20 psi boost on the dyno but don't quote me on that. if i was willing to pony up for a bo port stage III head i could jump another 75 hp maybe 100 hp with his ported head, cam and valve set up but not going to do that as i will need a diff trans before that.  a1000 puts out 90 psi max and says in the instructions that come with it but not in anyones ads!!!! ( go figure) says not to exceed 70 psi for more than 30 minutes. also says not for daily driving use. it puts out double the flow of the walbro 450 at 70 psi. walbro was either bad or not capable of flowing enough fuel efficiently to support 130lb inj's at 14 psi to 6k rpm so had to do something. seriously doubt it will make 600 hp at 30 psi boost. but that would be fun
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:55:17 PM by dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #451 on: December 09, 2017, 03:25:40 PM »
this guys video's i find very informative. i had no idea that these options existed in tuner studio/megalog hd!

« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 03:53:01 PM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #452 on: December 09, 2017, 03:48:21 PM »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #453 on: December 09, 2017, 05:04:12 PM »
Hmmmmmm,very interesting.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #454 on: December 09, 2017, 06:00:22 PM »
i agree.......i know accel enrichment is a engine by engine tune and can be tricky but with that tutorial i believe once a person sets that graph up like .....imo should make it easier. one would hope lol the spark knock graph to tune that way i really like. his version of megalogger hd is older than mine so i`ll have to look around on that to see if any changes have been made. once the tun is closer that would be a good option.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #455 on: December 09, 2017, 06:06:15 PM »
spent countless hrs......which is meaningless as i am bored beyond for a few more weeks! but spent countless hrs searching for an online calculator or formula to convert the dead time v values from my inj data sheet into % rates as pimpxs ms3 uses % vs ms. an initial ms for base control which come to find out is based on 13.2v @100% and 43.5 flow. mine were flow tested and flowed 1139 to 1145 cc at 43.5 psi. there is a dead time voltage curve i can input this data into for a more refined control. also included is a table for small pulse width curve. so i got that data also. apperantly most pick a dead time rate based on other infor from other inj`s by many manufacturers and used that rough dead time and the default deadtime curve. then tune from that and i can see that if you dont have the info but since i`m bored and have the info i wanted to know lol

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #456 on: December 09, 2017, 07:14:42 PM »
i am learning as much as i can about this system.....i'll not learn it all but still. until recently i understood injectors but did not know how important certain information was and how diff systems reference it. i have just about changed enough for cold start up that it starts at 41* so far. starts decent but a little chuggy still. from what i have read and watched in the last few days( yes days!lol) i have learned that if the inj dead times are close it can be tuned accordingly but if they are off enough it will effect idle and both cold and hot restart. now that is still not off to far in dead time ms as in 1.50 compared to should be 1.20. in my case we entered 1.2 ms and fuel injector development (fid) says my actual dead time for my inj's is 1.03 @13.2v based on 43.5 psi base. asked this question every way i could think of on stingers site and could not get a  straight answer from a certain guy and no response from another and they sell both the ms3 and inj's and know the data sheets don't show up in the format they need to for the ecu's they sell! the instructions they send for start up leave a lot to be desired as well. found some posts in 2 diff forums....one says to multi or divide ms# by 64 to get % or divide % by to get ms#. i don't have enough of a graph to verify that but rounded up to the nearest hundredths it's really close. the only other reference i could find was to multiply ms by 1100 and use the first 3 digits.......sound safe?? amazingly it works rounded up again but only on two points of my graph. my alternator is rock solid while the engine is running, but batt drops to 10 ish v's while cranking so that dead time voltage correction curve helps compensate but based on a % rather than ms rate to compensate for more sluggish response times. now that coupled with the fact that i never adjusted ms3 voltage reading to match my batt gauge, volt meter reading at batt and power point at fuse block , adds to the issue. it was off by .2 volts. not huge but again throws voltage correction curve off a bit. my base ms dead time is set at 1.2 and should be 1.03 so will change the tune changing that setting along with entering correct info into volt corr curve.     it all takes time and depends on how precise one wants to get i guess but if i have the info i might as well make use of it!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #457 on: December 09, 2017, 08:00:18 PM »
pics of TS section and of what the inj data sheet is and what fid recalculated to

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #459 on: January 10, 2018, 07:51:43 PM »
IIRC my Meziere is 3KW.  It spins my 14:1 like I left the plugs out.   :m
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #460 on: January 10, 2018, 08:02:38 PM »
 well if i had that option i would lol hightq makes a 2kw model but its expensive!

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #461 on: January 10, 2018, 08:47:35 PM »
We don't even want to talk price of the Meziere.......................... Sort of the old saying,if ya gotta ask how much you don't need it. Or in my case,I had zero other options.  AND I had to modify the damn thing as well.  5: Talk about adding insult to $$injury. Oh well. :nw
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #462 on: May 12, 2020, 01:51:27 PM »
so the bo port stage 3 head and 2.1 cam def made a very very noticable difference in the 2.3.  so for those that were at the las gathering, know that i developed some electrical gremlins. i believe its a fuse block issue as 1 leg of the 20 amp fuse burnt off on my fuse pump relay fuse. i understand that couldnve been from a loose fuse connection. in this case i know that when i reassembled that i forgot to titghten the power wire nut on the fuse block. went for a few runs and it was cutting out. returned and started checking over things when i noticed that was loose. when i say loose i mean 4 turns from being snug. grabbed it to spin the nut down , it was so hot it left red marks on my finger tips.

so upon reading up on the aem a1000 fuel pump i run, i know see they state do not exceed 70psi constant and require a 30 amp breaker. now i would not have used a 20 amp fuse if the instruction i read said 30 amp breaker. so apperantly peak draw is 24 amps which combined with my 20 amp 16" cooling fan then i guess i was almost using 45% of the 100 amp rated capacity of the fuse block. new one is 100 amp also but built better imo. those 2 higher amp items are 2 of 7 used slots on the 10 slot fuse block.

another interesting piece of info is that aem states the customer uses a 10g wire from batter to pump. interesting part is my pump recieves power through relay from the fuse block. i fed the fuse block with a 10g wire for all systems. my cooling fan also states 10g wire but the wire it came with is 12g.

so i am surprised i didnt have issues sooner, to an extent. i will be adding another 10g wire from batt to the pump relay on its own maxi fuse at the batt. still 12v key switched but remove it from the fuse block.  still need to change cv boot and ngk say the tr55 plugs are too hot and that according to the calculator for my build i should be running tr7's.  2 steps colder and i forgot to order them.

all of this is a long read but explains why the gremlins didnt go ape shit crazy until the motor was pretty much at temp. more heat more resistence imo   

on another note, my ls5 coils are not fused through thet fuse block but do draw there power through that same 10g wire the fuse block uses.  maybe this is adding to my spark snuffing issue??!!??

Online DeepBusch69

« Reply #463 on: May 12, 2020, 02:08:19 PM »
I went from a 8 gauge wire to 6 gauge when I added the EPS.  It pulls a lot of amps also.  Hope you get it sorted.  If you do a short run to the sand some time, let me know. 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #464 on: May 12, 2020, 03:26:51 PM »
my eps runs on an 8 g wire as well. it is wired seperately from my fuse block. it has a 50 amp maxi fuse at the batter. the 3 head lights are wired separately as well as the radio and inner cooler fan. all on there own fuse. the engine, ecu, fuel pump and coolant fan run off the fuse block.

i will post up if i make a short run

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal