Author Topic: Hey Diesel heads. Ever heard of Stanadyne fuel treatment?  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Been hearing that todays fuel is not so good for older diesels (mine is a 1997 Ford with a 7.3 powerstroke (turbo diesel) and I am looking at a 1991 bus with a 5.9 cummins diesel. Basically there is no sulphur in the fuel to lube the moving parts in the injection system like the older systems need supposedly.

Anyways I have been hearing that to keep the injectors alive you need to add something to todays fuel to make the injectors last.

Any truth or is it hogwash?

Been hearing about Stanadyne and that its supposed to be real good for injector life.

www.stanadyne.com 

Any thoughts or experiences? Something better or cheaper maybe?
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

LiveWire

Re: Hey Diesel heads. Ever heard of Stanadyne fuel treatment?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 08:28:18 AM »
Something cheaper is the 2 stroke oil in 1 gallon blue jugs at Walmart. Even in my 2006 Jetta, I gain 10% mileage when I added it. I have not in a while, was kind of a pain. I need to get a bunch of little bottles and fill them all at the same time then just dump in when filling. I put it in my Excursion as well, but it is too difficult to track mileage when it is rarely driven without a trailer behind it.

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 11:09:36 AM »
I have heard about using the 2 stroke oil at 1 oz to four gallons even in the newer diesels. I have not done it yet but have been considering it.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 11:49:42 AM »
Im running 2 stroke oil when I fill up. I believe DS, and Transman are as well. Noticeable difference in silencing the injectors. Haven't checked my mileage much since I cant keep my foot out of it! (97 Powerstroke/ stage 1 injectors) With the price of injectors in the stratosphere, a little upper cylinder lube is cheap insurance to me.. Worth it regardless  ;D
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

trans man

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 06:30:04 PM »
I'm running 2 stroke oil when I fill up. I believe DS, and Transman are as well. Noticeable difference in silencing the injectors. Haven't checked my mileage much since I cant keep my foot out of it! (97 Powerstroke/ stage 1 injectors) With the price of injectors in the stratosphere, a little upper cylinder lube is cheap insurance to me.. Worth it regardless  ;D
+1 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I've have been running 2 stroke oil in the Duramax for 3 years now with very quiet running engine. I use 1 oz to every 4 gallons of fuel. Another cheap alternative is using ATF. 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:36:53 PM by trans man »

trans man

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 06:35:55 PM »
I have heard about using the 2 stroke oil at 1 oz to four gallons even in the newer diesels. I have not done it yet but have been considering it.
You had better start.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 10:17:27 PM »
the stanadyne does work but if you mix it to thick it will actually lose fuel mileage. I am using the 2 cycle oil myself and have noticed about a 30* drop in egt's no change in mpg and a very slightly quicker spool. all based on same speed ( cruise ) set on same road and same hills to and from work.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal