Author Topic: 2.5 subaru  (Read 27348 times)

Offline DeepBusch69

Re: 2.5 subaru
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 02:41:19 PM »
Awesome, it sounds like the same motor I have, and I love it!  There be lots of new toys at the dunes this spring

Offline big dave

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 03:29:01 PM »
Awesome, it sounds like the same motor I have, and I love it!  There be lots of new toys at the dunes this spring
I just was not happy with the 2.0 at the dunes. so I sold it.. it ran great. It just did not have the hp that the car had with the 2332 VW engine. I have the VW motor back together. I would like to but it back in my first baja . I'm thanking ahead to next winter. thanking 3x3. full tube frame, maybe one of dsrace front ends. time will tell. I'm still trying to sale the old bus. that will get a 091 built box for the build.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 05:07:03 PM »
oh you will be with the 2.5! i was going to ask for a ride at st a in that 2332 aircooled but never got around to it. transman has a 2187 or something ...his is n\a so i wanted to feel the diff. would`ve been a good comparison from pass seat to pass seat. that baja will be a blast with that turbo aircooled for sure! if you do go 3x3 and another one of my front ends, i`ll see about 2 changes to tailor it to your specific fit.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 05:10:12 PM »
btw i know what it`s like to not be happy with a motor! for what ever reasons it always goes back to that. i am happy now and it just keeps getting better! lol

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 09:38:44 PM »
What turbo are you going to run?
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline big dave

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2018, 05:53:03 AM »
What turbo are you going to run?
t3/t4..
 not sure other then that. it will be a turn key motor from john built for 340hp.

Offline big dave

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2018, 05:59:17 AM »
btw i know what it`s like to not be happy with a motor! for what ever reasons it always goes back to that. i am happy now and it just keeps getting better! lol
it was hard not having a strong 4 gear pull. just took the fun out of it. it would pull 4th put would not come up. I always knew I was going 2.5.  I just could not pass up the 2.0 for the price. I sold it for more then I paid for it.  and got to hold on to all the outfront parts I had put on it. 

Offline big dave

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2018, 11:46:59 AM »
just a UPDATE. talked with john at outfront last week. long block is to together. or should I say was together. john put the wrong water pump on for my application. most of them shot under the car/motor. mine can not run that way. the frame is in the way. so he is changing it to the style that comes straight out back to the timing cover then up.   It's not as clean. but this why I have more ground clearance. I Don't thank this will slow him down much. I have also ask him to put the metal timing chain shields on. I'v  seen some of the guard melted on the Subaru timing covers .  I will still have the plastic one these will just be a heat shield.  I hope to hear from John this week telling me its ready to ship. last weekend, I got the frame cleaned up and repainted. good old rattle can paint. fuel had leaked onto the paint and then sand got on the soft paint made it look like sand paper. some day...... I will stop welding on it.......... and have it powder coated.  LMAO LMAO 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2018, 12:26:54 PM »
i don't know a single person that can tell me there sand rail is finished!  ;) LMAO

Offline big dave

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2018, 01:21:55 PM »
THERE'S SUCH A THING AS A FINSHED SAND RAIL.? ????????? 2: 2: 2: 2: 2: bounce

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2018, 03:21:53 PM »
ya know there actually is.....i've had 5 myself that were finished.  the minute they started down the road on someone else's trailer they were officially finished to me!   ;D ;) ;)

Offline big dave

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2018, 03:11:17 PM »
 I'M PICKING UP THE NEW ENGINE IN THE MORNING. I'M SURE THERE WILL BE NO SLEEP TONIGHT. dd: hh: hh: hh: hh: hh: :swig: :swig: :swig: :swig: :swig: bb: bb: ii: ii: ii: ii: ii:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 03:13:17 PM by big dave »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 06:50:17 PM »
congrats! so did you take the day off too? you know to play with your new toy?! lol your going to love that power!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 08:17:28 PM »
 :swig:
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2018, 07:53:11 AM »
its morning wheres the pics!!!!!! lol

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal