Author Topic: Trailor brake controller  (Read 9126 times)

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
Re: Trailor brake controller
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2011, 07:14:43 AM »
I was thinking about this last night and remembered that I spoke with the Prodigy people some time back,4 or 5 years ago, for a friend of mine. He was having the same stuff you describe. Problem was high resistance in the ground between the trailer and tow truck. Connected a dedicated ground in the trailer side connector and the problem went away.
Now that you mention the ground. I recall having gone through the plugs and cleaning all connections. That made a big difference. Probably why I never took it out. I also recall it working with heavy trailer/loads best. I always have a dedicated ground. Boat trailer lights taught me that years ago. Grounding through the ball hit and miss. Good hint on a ground problem is blinking lights with bumps, or working after a few turns (grind off the rust on the ball).
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

trans man

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2011, 07:45:48 AM »
Bad grounds will make you go........  :j :j :j

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2011, 07:53:56 AM »
Ever try backing a trailer up hill with those hydraulic surge brakes LOL!!!!!
you have to put a pin in the actuator or good luck!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2011, 08:10:52 AM »
The old trailer is inside, for delivery.  ;D  Everything worked out DS??

nope and it looks like I will have to sue him to get any restitution for the existing damage now that his ins won't cover it. I really should've known better in a couple of ways, but it happened, so I guess I have to fix it now or sue him. he did clean up the damage a bit to hide some of it and you can't see the rest untill you take it apart but he never stated anything more than a spot in the floor which doesn't add up to an $8100.00 repair estimate!!  this will be the last camper I ever buy w/o taking it to a repair shop first!  I can fix the damage myself but shouldn't have to and that was a verbal agreement between us which was my first mistake but the law is in my favor.  at the same time I know he spent the money already and doesn't have a pot to piss in apperantly, well in his case i would say payment poor more so and he works for the railroad as an engineer!  sueing him my not yield anything more than a piece of paper. although since my wife works for a law firm atty fee's are cheap and we are pursuing it at this time.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2011, 10:18:27 AM »
you have to put a pin in the actuator or good luck!
;D ;D ;D  They also won't apply backing downhill. I'll keep my electrics thank you. ;) :) :)
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2011, 11:13:12 AM »
;D ;D ;D  They also won't apply backing downhill. I'll keep my electrics thank you. ;) :) :)
DITTO!
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2011, 01:23:09 PM »
Bro in law and I went fishing.  Was backing him in in a Jeep wrangler, ramp shady, some leaves and slick as owl shit.  All 4 wheels slid all the way down ramp.  Not sure if the boat slamming the water made it stop or my butt hole clinched tight to the seat.  :o :o rofl rofl

You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2011, 09:19:06 AM »
Bro in law and I went fishing.  Was backing him in in a Jeep wrangler, ramp shady, some leaves and slick as owl shit.  All 4 wheels slid all the way down ramp.  Not sure if the boat slamming the water made it stop or my butt hole clinched tight to the seat.  :o :o rofl rofl

ripped a little seat foam loose huh!  ;D ;) LMAO

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2011, 01:33:43 PM »
Well I bought the Agility brake controller yest.  Less than 5 min install time.  $115 w/ford wire harness.  Simpile plug in and go, finally something went easy.  Also bought some new tires for the truck, 2 rear to match the new fronts.  Proportional control and brakes the trailer in reverse.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal