Author Topic: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion  (Read 82013 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion
« Reply #285 on: June 20, 2017, 09:35:51 AM »
oh i agree and they have made changes to the latest model the xs model. thats $1k now and i picked this one up for $500 so i`m not complaining but its not that old!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #286 on: June 21, 2017, 03:45:26 PM »
old outdated connector or not the nice thing is it gives me a direct plug in for canbus communication. this is great as i bought this gauge  http://perfecttuning.net/en/gauge/54-universal-gauge.html there is a video on his site. with this gauge through canbus connection i can view live data. the only thing i cannot view through ecu is oil psi as the ecu doesn't receive feedback from sensor. but there are 3 analog inputs for the gauge so i added oil psi. i can set safetys for all parameters. but i can view 4 sensors at once and split the led's into 4 quarters so i can use the led's a a visual gauge with the display if i need to look closer plus when the safety parameter is met the full cirlce of led will flash red or whatever i select, and display what is out of range. i looked at what 4 individual gauges cost me for afr, oil psi, water coolant and boost or ethanol content gauge for flex fuel sensor.....the gauge was cheaper and more useful!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 03:46:58 PM by dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #287 on: June 21, 2017, 05:19:14 PM »
cool!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #288 on: June 22, 2017, 07:31:36 PM »
i turned the wing trunk into the electrical box. also had to flip the intake so i hope the boot never blows off lol

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #289 on: June 22, 2017, 08:48:02 PM »
well done but I expect no less from you.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #290 on: June 23, 2017, 05:14:50 AM »
Very nice! Slap some dirt tires on there before test drive thru field, and GoPro.

You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #291 on: June 24, 2017, 09:38:33 PM »
i did buy some A/T tires and with a little luck my header will show this week. then i can finish it up and fire it up! finally!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #292 on: June 25, 2017, 07:42:19 AM »
well here is a few pics of the log style header oemmotorsports built for me. he rolled the 3 flange over 15* to aim the turbo down to drop it a couple inches. should have over 5 " drop for oil return still and wg port is in a better location. not what i wanted to but prob stronger for the weight of the holset turbo. i will still be able to make a cover in that corner to dull the noise from the turbo right behind my wifes head rest. he also moved the t3 flange forward 2" so i have plenty of room for dp which places the #3 cyl runner directly into the flange. luckily i am seq fuel injection now so i can atleast check runner temps and adjust #3 if it causes a lean burn. really not sure if it will effect it or not but a thought anyway.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 07:44:23 AM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #293 on: June 25, 2017, 08:55:10 AM »
i like to think this is enemy's goal with his turbo ranger build and feels like he's there with the new efr turbo lol

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #294 on: June 25, 2017, 11:53:30 AM »
Damn that Ranger is getting it done! Looks like a Twin-I Beam landing on the earlier launch LOL.. Maybe someday for mine... I decided to give up on the eBay T-5, it just chucked its guts on a full boost 2-3 shift the other eve, limped it home 9 miles.. had to get in the back seat and kickk it out of reverse gear to move it yesterday lol.. I put 10,000 hard miles on it so fell I got my moneys worth lol. Road race prepped TKO600 will be taking it's place shortly!
The new log header is perfect location and built to handle much abuse, that guy does as nice of work as the first flake you were dealing with. Your car looks like a monster sitting next to mine in your garage! Awesome job man!!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #295 on: July 04, 2017, 08:40:14 PM »
got the turbo end all assembled. now time to strip and run up to omaha for thermal coating.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #296 on: July 04, 2017, 08:43:39 PM »
exh down pipe with external wastegate dump

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #297 on: July 04, 2017, 08:46:18 PM »
pic

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #298 on: July 04, 2017, 09:42:18 PM »
Nice. I can't wait to see her run!
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: July 05, 2017, 06:11:04 AM »
You've really committed yourself to this project!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal