Author Topic: CVT a bike engine  (Read 13290 times)

Admin

Re: CVT a bike engine
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2009, 08:54:21 PM »
Clutch spins the wrong direction, on the wrong side of the car, solution, put the engine in the car backwards, were are we now, how do we connect it to the basket?

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2009, 09:06:35 PM »
Connecting to the basket just like the clutch does.

Have a piece made that fits right inside the clutch and has fingers that fit into the clutches fingers then send s the power thru a shaft out the case. The tough part is a case with a hole in it for the power to come out yet still be able to hold the side loads a CVT will impose.

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Admin

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2009, 09:16:42 PM »
Connecting to the basket just like the clutch does.

Have a piece made that fits right inside the clutch and has fingers that fit into the clutches fingers then send s the power thru a shaft out the case. The tough part is a case with a hole in it for the power to come out yet still be able to hold the side loads a CVT will impose.

the outside of the drive clutch would have to be supported, if you supported it with a bearing in the cover as well, thick cover, yould probbaly have it, the basket is deep enuff, you could put a piece off rubber in between the new adapter and the back of the basket to absorb the hammering action of the cvt clutch....

Admin

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2009, 09:20:22 PM »
were is the power from the crank, to the outer basket, or to the center? one or the other has to go to the transmission...

Admin

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2009, 09:28:12 PM »
Anyone have a breakdown picture of a suzuki engine? Showing the trans crank etc?

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2009, 09:32:19 PM »
http://www.bikebandit.com/suzuki-motorcycle-parts-2007/oem-parts

Go thier and pick your bitch. Exploded diagram should show what you seek.

I went to 2007 but you can jump back and change the year if need be.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Admin

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2009, 09:38:32 PM »
I cant tell, but does the clutch basket mesh with the crank? sure looks like it...But then were does the primary reduction take place...

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »
You were talking gixxer 750 then Hayabusa. What motor and what year? I will take a look and see if I can tell.

Admin

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2009, 09:44:09 PM »
You were talking gixxer 750 then Hayabusa. What motor and what year? I will take a look and see if I can tell.

whatever, they all gotta work pretty much the same, I think if i was gonna attempt this, i would use a gixxer 600 for cheap up front costs to see if it would even work, IMO the solution, since the shaft looks pretty short, may be to machine a new output shaft that is tapered, and attach the cvt clutch directly to the counter shaft, still supporting it on the outside...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2009, 09:47:07 PM »
This is getting funny.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2009, 09:48:24 PM »
I meant INTERESTING.LOL!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Admin

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2009, 09:50:33 PM »
I meant INTERESTING.LOL!!!

counter shaft at 11k would only be turning 4600 in 6th gear, wont work IMO...Clutch would be to finacy, and the rpms wouldnt never be there for any speed...

Admin

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2009, 09:57:55 PM »
There is plenty of clutches on the market capable of 12k maybe just stick it right on the crank... ;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2009, 10:00:07 PM »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2009, 10:01:57 PM »
The Zukis are just like the Banshee motors. The crank has a gear on it that meshes with a gear on the outer edge of the clutch basket and the power is transmitted from the baskets outer fingers thru the clutch plates then to the innards. Then a shaft takes that power into the tranny gears.

How much you hoping to do this swap for? (beside as cheap as possible?) I stll think you should look for a four stroke sled wreck. You got the room sideways for a three or four cyl in there? I know they have doone them with Geo engines but not sure if the frame was different much.   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal