Author Topic: Busa specs  (Read 10939 times)

Admin

Re: Busa specs
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 05:13:44 PM »
WHich sprocket? Countershaft I assume?

You think? ;D

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 05:16:13 PM »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 05:18:29 PM by Yoshi »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 05:17:14 PM »
I believe I am correct.  Lets make it simple, if you have a 14 tooth front sprocket and a 60 tooth rear sprocket, you have a 5:1 ratio, which means you are putting 5 times the amount of torque to the center of the 60 tooth sprocket as you are the 12 tooth sprocket, correct?  Since your putting the highest number of torque at the center of the iggest sprocket, a straight line from the center of that sprocket via a drive axle to the wheel will see the same number of torque, putting the highest number of torque at the center of the wheel, you then loose torque as you go out to the edges of the wheel.At a ratio of 1:2 using the 24" tire as an example.So as I said you lose 1/2 of the torque that was available at the center of the rear axle.I'm not muddying the discussion with taking into account the losses in the axle angles.Maybe we were saying the same thing tho as your post indicates to me we do. 

Granted the most torque is only applied when the axle is straight to the wheel, since you loose hp and torque as you have angle, but worse case senerio, there will always be points where the axles is straight and applying th most torque possible to the wheel...
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 05:18:15 PM »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Admin

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 05:18:41 PM »
so 413 lbs of torque coming from the engine...

Admin

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2009, 05:19:10 PM »
Are there any reductions between the crank and the countershaft?

ya why you think i am asking?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2009, 05:23:18 PM »
busa crank torque 99

Primary Reduction Ratio   1.596 (158.004 foot pound of torque at the clutch basket)
1st Gear     2.615     (413.18046 foot pounds of torque in 1st. at the output shaft/front drive sprocket)
2nd Gear   1.937     (306.05374 foot pounds of torque in 2nd. at the output shaft/front drive sprocket)
3rd Gear    1.526     (241.1141 foot pounds of torque in 3rd. at the output shaft/front drive sprocket)
4th Gear     1.285    (203.03514 foot pounds of torque in 4th. at the output shaft/front drive sprocket)
5th Gear     1.136    (179.49254 foot pounds of torque in 5th. at the motor output shaft/front drive sprocket)
6th Gear     1.043    (164.79817 foot pounds of torque in 6th. at the output shaft/front drive sprocket)

so, in first, with a 5.5:1 gear reduction after the motor, your looking at 2,272.4925 foot pounds of torque coming out of the final drive to the wheels, the torque number will go down depending on your tire size)

in 6th., with a 5.5:1 gear reduction after the motor, your looking at 906 foot pounds of torque coming out of the final drive to the wheels, the torque number will go down depending on your tire size)
Yes we agree and the actual measured tq on the dyno takes into accounr the ACHIEVED tire radius to calculat the REAR WHEEL TQ NUMBERS. In the case of a theoretical 24" tire it would be in 1st gear 1136#' at the tire OD.We are in agreement yoshi,I just must have read your post wrong.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 05:24:40 PM »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2009, 05:24:54 PM »
ok, there is a possibility I did that wrong.  The primary reduction is the clutch basket off the crank, I am assuming the transmission gear reductions are running off the primary reductions so when I multiplied the gear reduction for say first gear, I didn't do it off 99 foot pounds, I did it off  158.004 foot pounds of torque after the primary.  I can't seem to find any info to be more clear on where the reductions are coming from.  But if the tranny numbers are reductions off the crank, not the primary, you'd be at  258.885 foot pounds of torque in 1st. gear off the motors output shaft...

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2009, 05:27:09 PM »
Yes we agree and the actual measured tq on the dyno takes into accounr the ACHIEVED tire radius to calculat the REAR WHEEL TQ NUMBERS. In the case of a theoretical 24" tire it would be in 1st gear 1136#' at the tire OD.We are in agreement yoshi,I just must have read your post wrong.
and that's off a 24" tall tire for a street bike, there is even less torque put to the ground with the 31's we run in a sandrail....

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 05:28:26 PM »
And that 413 is at MAX tq in first gear.Somewhere you will spend VERY LITTLE time at.Time and tq are interrelated as far as durability is concerned.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Admin

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2009, 05:29:45 PM »
Try stating wtf you want man!LOL!!! Are you talking busa or not??? If so yes 413 in FIRST GEAR if that is what you are asking!!!

Read the very first post you dipshit...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2009, 05:30:20 PM »
ok, there is a possibility I did that wrong.  The primary reduction is the clutch basket off the crank, I am assuming the transmission gear reductions are running off the primary reductions so when I multiplied the gear reduction for say first gear, I didn't do it off 99 foot pounds, I did it off  158.004 foot pounds of torque after the primary.  I can't seem to find any info to be more clear on where the reductions are coming from.  But if the tranny numbers are reductions off the crank, not the primary, you'd be at  258.885 foot pounds of torque in 1st. gear off the motors output shaft...
Stop thinking.You had it right to start with.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2009, 05:30:32 PM »
And that 413 is at MAX tq in first gear.Somewhere you will spend VERY LITTLE time at.Time and tq are interrelated as far as durability is concerned.
And that's why most people break their drive line off the line, when all the torque is applied to the wheel from a dead stop and you get hella good traction, that's when it's gonna happen, just like twisting the head off a 1/4" bolt with a 2 foot breaker bar......

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2009, 05:32:47 PM »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal