Author Topic: Rotax clutching  (Read 1266 times)

DaveM

Rotax clutching
« on: June 25, 2010, 09:31:02 AM »
Ok...time to do some clutching changes on my buggy. I'm running a 670 Rotax twin with a stock TRA clutch. The clutch has seen better day's and needs to be rebuilt. Sheeve's and center shaft are showing wear, as well as all the internals.
 I also have an issue that due to the smaller Odyssey Comet secondary, I'm only using 2/3's of the primary before the secondary tops out. Now top speed is not an issue as it goes plenty fast for me, but I'm looking at options to best utilize what I've got
 I'm reading that a Comet 102, or any aftermarket clutch for that matter should not be used on a 670 due to harmonic issue's with the crank. The stock clutch has a damper to help this. Crank failures have been blamed on the 102. And the 102 does'nt address the primary/secondary size issue, so I'm not sure that it is a option/solution.
 Does anyone have any experience/input with replacement clutches on the bastard child 670?
 Can running a primary at only 2/3 engagement cause problems? (other than unessesary RPM)
Is there a smaller, than the TRA, primary that may hold a 670 power level.

I need options.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Rotax clutching
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 11:32:51 AM »
Wish I could help ya. Where's the CVT experts when we need them? Must be out enjoying the summer time. LOL!!!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal