Author Topic: Now what?  (Read 6142 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: Now what?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2009, 04:36:46 PM »
True but your never putting a full 200 on the bar.  You always have to be hanging onto somthing to balance ones self.  So you lose about 100 lb's. :o

Thank you - you just gave me a new pick up line:

"Here honey; hold this for balance - you will  loose weight....."
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2009, 04:39:20 PM »

LMAO jj:

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

chrishallett83

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2009, 11:47:29 PM »
True but your never putting a full 200 on the bar.  You always have to be hanging onto somthing to balance ones self.  So you lose about 100 lb's. :o

Dunno about you mate but I am the prettiest of ballerina princesses and I used to do jumps, flips and spins whilst standing on mine...  ;D

trojan

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2009, 02:33:39 AM »

I'm worried about you, hitting on chicks that need to lose (at least) 100 lbs! Is Bug your wingman when you go out hunting ;D

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2009, 03:08:28 PM »
If your breaker bar is two feet long, you weigh 200 pounds and you stand on it, you are applying 400 ft/lbs of torque to the fastener. Jumping up and down could double or triple that...

I only need a 1 foot breaker to stand on for the proper torque.  :-[

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2009, 03:22:23 PM »
wait, might have found it.....

http://www.pacificcustoms.com/AC502020.html

I don't know if this part completely addresses the problem.  As Fast was mentioning earlier, they played with several parts to get it to all work with the brake hat etc.  This part doesn't show a hat to hold the brake rotor or does it?.  And I don't know if yours will bolt on if they were using the hub backwards.  If this part includes a brake rotor, you need to make sure that it would line up correctly with your caliper.  I don't know anything about VW parts so mabey someone else can say if that 4 bolt flange bearing is stock VW.  If it isn't then you may need a custom caliper mount, or if you bought a complete hub/brake kit It may not bolt up with the correct spacing.

Summation:  I don't know anything about these, but if I ordered the parts they probably wouldn't fit.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal