Author Topic: Save place sum 1 masks  (Read 752 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Save place sum 1 masks
« on: February 13, 2024, 12:04:11 PM »
Like many of us, I have the save phase e sum 1 mask. I glued a rugged radio helmet kit inside of mine and have always like them but the lens scratch easy. They discontinued the sum 1 and went 2 a gen 2 mask then quit altogether. I called and left a message yesterday as I saw makes listed on their web site again. No return call so I just called them again. So the do have some lenses for the gen 1....aka sum 1 mask as. I bought 4 at $24 each and $9.95 shipping they are located in Illinois. Clear or amber, no more smoked lenses. No tear offs either. I did ask if one could request a 100 piece order with out foam on their next re order if they re order. Not sure how many still have the masks.  I have 2, I think carl has 2, fabr how many do you and are they sum 1 masks ? Not sure Bouton Jerry or deepbusch.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Save place sum 1 masks
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 06:22:02 PM »
I have 2. I assume they are sum1? Probably need pics if available to be sure.  I still have some lenses but don't know how many of what. I'll look tomorrow. Why would you want them without foam?  I need some replacement foam. My foam is in the mask,not on the lense. I need new elastic straps.I now use headsets and goggles in the big buggy with the windshield. I really like that.  Only reason I'm interested in possibly renewing these is for quad riding.  :m 68 year old fart still riding like 16. :nw Ya only live once.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 06:30:40 PM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 08:31:03 PM »
BTW,I have had no reply from savephace to my email
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 06:39:05 AM »
BTW,I have had no reply from savephace to my email

That does not surprise me in the slightest. I looked, I still have 2 new spare lenses and I agree with a windshield. I may have to add one at some point. I am going to look into figuring out how to make some tear off work with these.

How many other dts guys still use the masks?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2024, 06:58:16 AM »
You are a glass pro. A windshield is a piece of cake for you.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2024, 07:09:53 AM »

rofl. I don't know about a pro, just 30 years experience  :m

Making a windshield will be easy to do. I actually fit a stock 73 beetle windshield in the opening before I welded the cage years ago. Wanted to be sure I could make that work. I don't mind a flat windshield either so I could cut one out of a Thomas bus windshield. That way I could keep the shade band at the top.  Would have to cut my hood down but that no big deal. Always wanted a diff style dash.  Thats all for a later date as it needs to run again first. My plan is to dedicate this whole weekend to it. Didnt get to last weekend, just one day. Hoping to get the a arms built this weekend and cable shifter mounts.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2024, 07:53:01 AM »

rofl. I don't know about a pro, just 30 years experience  :m

Making a windshield will be easy to do. I actually fit a stock 73 beetle windshield in the opening before I welded the cage years ago. Wanted to be sure I could make that work. I don't mind a flat windshield either so I could cut one out of a Thomas bus windshield. That way I could keep the shade band at the top.  Would have to cut my hood down but that no big deal. Always wanted a diff style dash.  Thats all for a later date as it needs to run again first. My plan is to dedicate this whole weekend to it. Didnt get to last weekend, just one day. Hoping to get the a arms built this weekend and cable shifter mounts.
Never enough time/money is there.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal