Author Topic: Rev Box Breather/Catch tanks  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
Rev Box Breather/Catch tanks
« on: June 24, 2014, 01:43:30 PM »
Ok, so I got a Jeffco that pukes oil when it gets excited. Currently have a vent tube running up the frame rail with a filter at the end. When the filter gets saturated with oil, the next path of least resistance for the oil is the drive flange seals. I did not get to get a good look at what you guys run for a catch tank/breather set up. An image search brings up some setups from Moroso and Steffs that look familiar. Thinking I could run one line to it from the top of the Jeffco and another (return?) to the back fill plug? Would this be neutral balanced? Just sick of cleaning the puke up lol
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Rev Box Breather/Catch tanks
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 02:13:07 PM »
This one I used. Remove the petcock from bottom. Run line from side of case or filler plug to hole in bottom  of tank. Run a line either to atmosphere or top of case from hole in side of breather. VIOLA! No more pumping lube out of the trans. Not a drop.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 02:20:13 PM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »
So the "noises" you were hearing was it from the beginning Jeffco problem or just some rattling in your head? 

The vent line you have does it come from top of box or bottom?  Top should just be air and suprised it can throw enough goo up threw hose.

Btw that's some sticky ass ghostbusters looking stuff in box. Once on you it's forever.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 05:07:41 PM »
Just plumb as described and move on to other issues.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 06:40:41 PM »
Just ask DS how much gear lube was all over the ass of my car after just one 30 minute run in the dunes last time at LS(I added 1.5 quarts after the run). Next day,with catch can replumbed as described , not one drop came out. Same thing for Fast. He routed his side line to the top of trans,I ran it to atmosphere. Both ways instantly stopped the puking.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 06:43:18 AM »
Just ask DS how much gear lube was all over the ass of my car after just one 30 minute run in the dunes last time at LS(I added 1.5 quarts after the run). Next day,with catch can replumbed as described , not one drop came out. Same thing for Fast. He routed his side line to the top of trans,I ran it to atmosphere. Both ways instantly stopped the puking.

yep it fixed his seepage problem right up lol  there was gear lube ALL over when you pulled up. that venting/plumbing system did stop those problems.  in your case with the trans flipped i can understand that problem more so than fast's mendi so i was surprised to see that happen on fast's. i would say i never had that problem on my v6 rail with just the factory breather hole opened and a filter attached right to it by transman but that was also a rear engine and the motor only had a rev limit of 6450 rpm.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 11:26:01 AM »
Flipped case really has no effect as the lube level / capacity is the same either way. Same with the mendi SFAIK. I DO believe that the mid engine configuration has something to do with the issue though as there is no ring gear area "sump" for the lube to go under acceleration. The nose cone doesn't hold but a thimble full.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:30:59 AM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal