Author Topic: Ready for more action...  (Read 3081 times)

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
Ready for more action...
« on: May 31, 2014, 03:42:48 PM »
I got my new radiator mounted. Had a slight problem with the new fan. The one I ordered was smaller than the hole I cut for the previous fan I had mounted. So I had to swap all the goods to the old housing, which is why the fan blades are smaller than the housing by a couple inches. Still works fine, just looks a little weird. I even painted the housing. I wasn't sure where I was eventually going to go with paint, but I have an idea forming and black is a safe bet.

If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline sandycrack

Re: Ready for more action...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 08:50:29 PM »
Looks great.  What did you use for the rad line?
You smell that?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 12:16:30 AM »
The fan will pull far less air thru the rad with it like that. Not good,not good at all.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 06:12:38 AM »
The hose was donated from a friend who had it made for an entirely different application, but it didn't work out for his purposes. It is just like the previous hose, but with the protective sleeve and it has a clamping end on each side.

Fabr, I ran it in the garage and it seemed to move enough and cooled the motor, but I'll keep an eye on it. I'll figure something else out if it gets too hot. Thanks
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 11:57:29 AM »
 the fan could be an issue but try it out and see if it works that way.  take it out to some sand too and work it over hard and compare that too the hard pack.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 02:13:07 PM »
Sand will always work an engine much harder. If it gives you problems,all that would be needed is a thin plate with the smaller ID needed sandwiched between shroud and fan housing flange. Simple fix,no one would notice it at all.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 03:43:54 PM »
Sand will always work an engine much harder. If it gives you problems,all that would be needed is a thin plate with the smaller ID needed sandwiched between shroud and fan housing flange. Simple fix,no one would notice it at all.

That is where I'll go with it if need be. Thanks.

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 12:05:05 AM »
One of those nights!

It started out great. I got some time in the garage and finished mounting the front panels. Then I decided to mount the quick light Whip my buddy gave me. Mounted the tab, ran the wires, connected everything, and powered it up. Looked great! Nice green light saber! I was even making saber sounds instead of vroom vroom noises. Figured I better tighten it so I threw my wrench on... the wrong nut and didn't realize it until something cracked in the base and the light went bye bye. kick

Alright, there goes $70 because I loved it. Oh wait, make that nearly $90, Quick light charges $18 for shipping. Now I'm just pissed. $18 to ship a part that weighs maybe 6 ounces?!

Oh well, I guess I'll change my front sprocket. After the 6mm speed-o bolt kicked my ass I realize that my 32mm socket is MIA. I should have quit a couple hours ago. Bed time!

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 06:01:35 AM »
Been there done that. Some eves only require chair, notepad, and a cold beverage.  More can be accomplished by doing nothing, but thise are hard to spot til too late.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 11:25:01 AM »
ya shit just happens sometimes lol it a happens to all of us
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 11:26:18 AM »
$90 may seem like a bite in the a$$ but just think what the cost would be if it were a bent shock or stipped thread on the a shaft!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 11:27:21 AM »
Been there done that. Some eves only require chair, notepad, and a cold beverage.  More can be accomplished by doing nothing, but thise are hard to spot til too late.
Soooooo true!!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal