Author Topic: It's time...  (Read 13137 times)

Offline Lance-W

Re: It's time...
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2014, 06:31:04 PM »
ya they should prob be rated for a little more heat than that!!   vid looks like you really enjoyed the ride. i would suggest mounting the camera on the frame and wire your N light back in, this will help find 1st gear easier or they sell digital gear indicators if you really want to spend some money lol. lance is right, with a live rear end you will def need to use the throttle pedal to steer as much or more than the steering wheel depending. don't be afraid to rev that motor high it was made for the rpm and doesn't make great power until you in the upper range too. just my opinion though.

It has a rev limiter ( I would know)  Just friggin go for it !  Think of the rev limiter as a shift light/indicator  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 06:33:52 PM by Lance-W »

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2014, 06:38:25 PM »
The neutral light is there. I just need to get used to giving it a lot more gas!
I second that about the camera mount. I planned on getting some different angles, but that didn't work out. I'll get better video next time for sure!
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2014, 10:00:27 PM »
what rpm do you have to rev to in order to take off smooth on flat ground? i only ask because maybe you need a touch deeper on gearing. the motors do have rev limiters and i have hit them a lot on several diff motors including my last rail which was a 3800 series II v6. the 2001 zx900r ninja engine's rev limiter was at 13500 rpm, 2003 yamaha r1 was 12600 rpm etc etc never hurt nothing on those engines.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2014, 05:59:51 AM »
I haven't paid attention to the RPMs yet, but I do have a smaller front sprocket in the garage that I haven't put on it yet. It is a 15 tooth, if I recall. I think the stock is a 17 tooth.
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2014, 06:33:46 AM »
what is your rear sprocket tooth count?  i only ask what your final drive reduction is because it seemed like you really have to rev the engine pretty high to take off on flat ground with smaller wheels in the video. i'm not saying that's bad more personal preference.  i'm guessing you have pretty high gearing and will hit some higher speeds that way too. it's my preference to have enough gear reduction to not have to rev much over 2k rpm for a smooth take off. no this cuts down on my top speed but btdt for years and i am getting older so top speed doesn't mean as much to me as enough tq and gear reduction to climb easy and power out of a tighter trail. i know i am not there to see it for myself and a video doesn't show all but just a thought. looks like you have built a very nice rail from your pics and video's and all new toys will have adjustments that need to be made to dial them in. the shocks will be the next thing you'll work on if you choose to dial in the suspension for you preference. nice job!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 06:41:55 AM by Dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2014, 07:12:09 AM »
Woohoo, looks like a blast.  I'd say we real well.  Easy to miss tighten a bolt just right when doing a assembly.  Nice backyard playground.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2014, 01:33:37 PM »
Ha! Entered it into an Employee car show tomorrow at work. Plan on swapping the front sprocket out this weekend. Hoping to get a little time in the seat on Saturday. Graduation Celebrations may throw a wrench in that plan though.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2014, 03:28:11 PM »
first place,all the way!!!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2014, 08:43:47 PM »
first place,all the way!!!!
It'll be the only one of its kind for sure. Lots of interest considering most of the people I work with have been following the build on Facebook.

Refilled the radiator today (thanks for the tip Lance) and found that my fan was in worst shape than I thought with a broken blade or two and some exposed wires, which I'm pretty sure blew a fuse. Ordered a new one on eBay. Hope to get it by Friday!

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2014, 07:53:04 PM »
I didn't get to spend a lot of time at the car show with work being busy, but the 20 minutes I did spend was cool. Lots of interest in the buggy and dropped DTSFAB's site as often as I could. There was a lot of pretty cool cars! The plant manager, who is probably in his mid to upper 60's brought his 2014 Convertible Blue Vette. Definitely a step away from the corporate type sedan!

Turns out the radiator does have a leak after all. I filled it last night and not a drop this morning, but as soon as I took it off the trailer at work it started leaking pretty good.

I ran the trailer down to the dump to weigh it without the buggy... 1000lbs
Took the buggy after work and it weighs 1110 lbs. wet.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal