Author Topic: It's time...  (Read 13138 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: It's time...
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 10:06:30 AM »
That sounds like a challenge. Won't be a problem this fall...........................  ;D ;D ;D ;D Better play nice this trip. ;) ;) rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

challenge accepted ;) ;)  rofl rofl   we always play nice  rofl rofl
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 10:35:53 AM »
I'm alive so I guess it went well enough.  ;D

The buggy did great! I need to work on the rear shocks and put a little more spring on the gas peddle so I can feel it push back a little more. The area where we went was really whooped out so I barely hit 4th, but it screamed. The only problem with the buggy was the radiator mounts. I left too much clearance and it managed to dislodge and pop the radiator hose off. Luckily I think I avoided radiator damage. I haven't had a chance to inspect it fully since we had company over last night.
I have a video uploading on youtube and I'll post it when it gets done.
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 10:41:39 AM »
look forward to watching it. sounds like you really enjoyed all your hard work too!!!!!  ;)  that's really not that big a fix it list for the first run!!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 11:26:57 AM »
cool,very cool.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 12:52:20 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKFO77_H54g&feature=youtu.be

Hey I replaced the overly long video with an edited version.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:41:07 PM by komelika »
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
Both videos are up.

Looks like you had a blast till you lost the radiator.  Only thing I can say is "STEER WITH THE GAS PEDAL"  it'd easily turn in that intersection with the gas pedal.  Turn the wheel and goose it and it'll flip right around.  Once you get practiced at it you can turn in the width of that dirt road you were on.

Darn you just need more practice  ;D  Hopefully that spot is close to home  ;D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 02:03:33 PM by Lance-W »

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2014, 02:17:37 PM »
Yes, it is 5 minutes from home. I'm looking forward to a wide open sand wash to stretch its legs. I just remounted the radiator and I bent the top mount down to close the gap. I think that should take care of it. I probably need to bend up a new radiator shroud though. It loosened up and I don't want it rubbing a hole in the veins.

I definitely need seat time! I haven't been in the dirt for far too long! Need to get used to the clutch... obviously!  rofl
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 02:30:15 PM by komelika »

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2014, 03:28:06 PM »
When you first start driving them it's very hard to get them to move without being in fist gear.  First couple of times I saw it stall I immediately thought "It's not in first".  After you get used to it second is doable but not easy.  Unfortunately it's a bitch trying to TELL when it's in first gear.

5 minutes from home :)   I wish!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2014, 03:28:41 PM »
Yes, it is 5 minutes from home. I'm looking forward to a wide open sand wash to stretch its legs. I just remounted the radiator and I bent the top mount down to close the gap. I think that should take care of it. I probably need to bend up a new radiator shroud though. It loosened up and I don't want it rubbing a hole in the veins.

I definitely need seat time! I haven't been in the dirt for far too long! Need to get used to the clutch... obviously!  rofl
Looks like you had a ball! rofl that's  8),bike clutches suck in cars.Don't worry about it.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2014, 03:34:27 PM »
I only use these.  They're not cheap but they won't let the hose come off either............I've never had a hose come off as a result of pressure since I started using these.

In the appropriate size of course.........  http://www.mcmaster.com/#5443k24/=s0c7zb

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2014, 04:22:46 PM »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 04:26:58 PM by komelika »

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2014, 04:34:08 PM »
Ryan: "So, if the shit hits the fan are we going to Presbyterian Hospital?"  LMAO Cracks me up. The good thing is Pres is about 3 minutes away from that spot so I'd save some money on Life Flight.  rofl

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2014, 04:48:10 PM »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2014, 06:16:22 PM »
ya they should prob be rated for a little more heat than that!!   vid looks like you really enjoyed the ride. i would suggest mounting the camera on the frame and wire your N light back in, this will help find 1st gear easier or they sell digital gear indicators if you really want to spend some money lol. lance is right, with a live rear end you will def need to use the throttle pedal to steer as much or more than the steering wheel depending. don't be afraid to rev that motor high it was made for the rpm and doesn't make great power until you in the upper range too. just my opinion though.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2014, 06:28:47 PM »
the radiator is an easy fix and your buddy will get his turn on the next run lol  nice job!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal