Author Topic: helmets  (Read 3747 times)

Offline Wyattboche

Re: helmets
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 03:41:48 PM »
Point Blank...  Make sure it is SNELL approved!!  I can't stress that enough.  That has saved my life countless times and also the countless lives of people I know, raced with, or saw crash footage of.
For sure. Thats a must for me.

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 06:38:52 PM »
I'm Glad to know that is important to you.  I didn't mean to sound pushy or anything, it's just that I am SUPER surprised at how much people will spend on their rides, and how tight they get when it comes to one of the most important pieces of safety equipment.  Seriously, I've seen guys put 20+ grand into a bike, or buggy, and then buy a DOT approved POS $50 helmet.

Some things I will never understand.  Hell, there are a lot of things I don't understand, and it probably wouldn't be as bad as it is, if I hadn't taken so many shots to helmet myself. ;D
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 07:04:36 PM »
There are $50.00 Snell Helmets as well. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 07:09:07 PM »
FWIW,buy a mid priced helmet whatever you buy and leave the cheapo's for the already brain dead.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 07:12:02 PM »
The difference in cost of a helmet is typically in weight - lighter is more expensive.  Also, ventilation, style etc. Ratings only address the impact test, not the wear-ability. 

If it ain't worn, it ain't any good.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »
There are $50.00 Snell Helmets as well.

I'm sure there are some good deals to be had.

I was just trying to make a comparison.  ;)
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 05:32:25 PM »
I'm Glad to know that is important to you.  I didn't mean to sound pushy or anything, it's just that I am SUPER surprised at how much people will spend on their rides, and how tight they get when it comes to one of the most important pieces of safety equipment.  Seriously, I've seen guys put 20+ grand into a bike, or buggy, and then buy a DOT approved POS $50 helmet.

Some things I will never understand.  Hell, there are a lot of things I don't understand, and it probably wouldn't be as bad as it is, if I hadn't taken so many shots to helmet myself. ;D
I whatch a guy at the drag strip lose his car and hit the guard rail. He didn't have a snell helmet and died from head injurys. Now it's manadorty at the track.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal