Author Topic: Edge ripping?  (Read 3990 times)

SPEC

Re: Edge ripping?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 05:52:22 AM »
Reidy's in country already?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 05:58:54 AM »
been here a while already.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 08:15:06 PM »
And a hell of a great guy. They do not get more genuine than him! He drove 6+ hours out of his way to come see me today. We had lunch and great conversation. Wish he had more time to stay!

Reidy... Your alright! (I already knew that though)  8)

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 08:27:39 PM »
Thanks very much Doug I think you're a GoodGREAT Bloke too!!! Man, I had a good time have'n a yack to you too, and it was way too short!! If there is a next time I'll spend more time with ya fer sure!! Hey maybe we could go fish'n ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) :t That'd be cool.. 8) and thanks fa lunch too Bud!!! ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 08:46:00 PM by Reidy02 »
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 09:33:47 PM »
both points are valid in some aspect but bottom line is no one build suits all!  obvious mistakes do need to be addressed asap or that is when the poo fighting begins! with the internet, drawing revisions aren't hard to get out to the public. I actually purchased a set of Phirana plans years ago because I thought it would be a nice build but after sitting down and changing the plans to suit my needs and terrain it was easier to start from scratch.  now if you are going to design, produce and distribute a product, it is going to be modified and/or copied for re-sale at some point. you can learn from some of the mods for advancements ( in some cases greatly needed mods ) in your own design. I would take this as a compliment to my hard work and design or you can simply track down each and everyone of them to sling poo! this doesn't get the product out the door. I would go with the the first one, a lot less work!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 09:34:47 PM »
Reidy02 it's a shame your not cutting through nebraska, it would be great to meat you! have fun on you tour.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 10:54:33 PM »
Hey DS, I would love to meet you too, but because I'm with the out laws it makes it hard cause we only have the one car, I bought it on E-bay a coulpe of months before we got here to save on car rental! ;) Oh and I went halves with the father inlaw, Good in one way but bad in another.... eyes Actually next time you all have a big meeting at Ls or something maybe I could come over then and meet everyone..

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2010, 11:04:22 PM »
sounds like a plan!  have fun with the outlaws and enjoy the rest of your tour. how is that car treating you so far?

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 07:28:14 PM »
Yeah good so far, although we did have to replace the fuel pump when it shit it's self, b ut the air conditioning is great, when we went through Texas it was like 120 on one of the temp guages there and we were nice and cool in the old Suburban... ;) She's a beauty!!!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2010, 07:59:28 PM »
Can't beat a 'burban for travel. My old one had over 300K miles on it before I retired it.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 09:06:36 PM »
Yeah its been good, nice and comfy plenty of room, but the again we did take out the rear seat so we could get more in.. ;D ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal