Author Topic: Yeah, a new thread!  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Yeah, a new thread!
« on: June 25, 2013, 02:36:25 PM »
 LMAO 
Been sorta sllooww around here, but I'm about to unload rail out of trailer from spring trip.  Been too busy to even bother tempting myself with looking at it.  Pretty sure clutch is smoked.  Changed oil (burnt) at dunes and was better but after 2-3 hard runs 2nd and 3rd would slip and rev out at the 5-6k range.  Up in air on billet basket, I know I should, and will have to for turbo time, but also up about 3 or 6 HD clutch springs.  '00-'02 zx12 had oil issue with clutch and there are some mods to it to better oil and keep from the heat.  Heat would slip.  The 12r seems to have a voodoo clutch and many have problems with anything other than stock so stock it is.  Mod it for more oil flow HD springs and maybe its got a billet basket when I open it up?
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: Yeah, a new thread!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 03:38:02 PM »
get to cracking Carl.  Fall trip getting close.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline MC

• Fabricator
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 07:56:19 PM »
Clutches are easy. Take it apart and see how black the steels are.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 08:36:01 PM »
Take about 5 minutes to see.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 05:59:30 AM »
get to cracking Carl.  Fall trip getting close.
I'm 50-50 on fall trip.  Want too, but might not be able too.  We will see.

This is first motor I didn't even look at clutch on.  I think my cooling problems with rad placement helped cook the oil along with the clutch slave being mounted right next to the block.  When slave got hot it pulled just enough to start the slipping process. 
Still got an electrical issue that will draw battery down overnight.  Something with a relay from charging system.  So got to sort that and finish the cleanup of the harness.  Half looks good the other half is a bit scarey.
But I must give a big  jj: jj: to the peeps at Bazzaz.  They never made a unit for the 12, so the tech guy there said the 10 harness should plug in and run letting the autotune part fix the map.  Well the 12 uses diff timing on crank sensor and reads only 40% rpm.  Sent back to Bazzaz and they reprogrammed unit for correct crank sensor for the 12, using programming for the 14(it was closer) and a harness from a 10.  rofl  Only 1 plug wire. TPS, had to be modified.  NO CHARGE for the extra programming work they did. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal