Author Topic: Anyone tried a Cold Cut saw?  (Read 19803 times)

Offline Yoshi

Re: Anyone tried a Cold Cut saw?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 01:51:38 PM »
I run a Milwaukee. You can get the blades chryofreezed and they last longer, there are also places that will replace missing teeth for a couple bucks per tooth, but i'm too lazy and just order new ones.  I have a stack of blades I won't trow out, just gonna drop them off somewhere someday to get fixed/sharpened.  I use the effin sh*t outta this thing.

I don't put all my weight on the saw, but I certainly don't baby it either, I just push at a comfortable rate.  I removed one of the springs in the back so there is just enough tension to hold it where I want, that way I can set it on top of the tube for measuring, but it will stay up for sliding the tube through..

After using a few different produts and different suppliers, I have been using this blade http://www.maxtool.com/product/search.asp for the last 3 years and am very happy with it.  Only $69 with free shipping, I buy 4 at a time and they last a while..........

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 01:55:14 PM »
These are only some of the used blades I have here, and I actually threw a ton of them away before I realized there were places that sharpened them, lol.....

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 02:00:09 PM »
Lot's of it :o
 or just get the aluminum blade
Good point .There are blades for differing materials and stock thickness.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 02:07:07 PM »
 ;D mm: ;D

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 02:21:47 PM »
I run a Milwaukee. You can get the blades chryofreezed and they last longer, there are also places that will replace missing teeth for a couple bucks per tooth, but i'm too lazy and just order new ones.  I have a stack of blades I won't trow out, just gonna drop them off somewhere someday to get fixed/sharpened.  I use the effin sh*t outta this thing.

I don't put all my weight on the saw, but I certainly don't baby it either, I just push at a comfortable rate.  I removed one of the springs in the back so there is just enough tension to hold it where I want, that way I can set it on top of the tube for measuring, but it will stay up for sliding the tube through..

After using a few different produts and different suppliers, I have been using this blade http://www.maxtool.com/product/search.asp for the last 3 years and am very happy with it.  Only $69 with free shipping, I buy 4 at a time and they last a while..........
Good Gawd! Yoshi is there anything you don't freeze? Do you cryo your Johnson to make it last longer also???? LOL!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 02:35:28 PM »
HE HE HE HE HE
BRING THAT LITTLE SUCKER UP HERE AND HANG IT OUT...- 10 FOR THE HIGH TODAY, that'll freeze it for ya
Effen caps lock ;D

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 03:05:13 PM »
Good Gawd! Yoshi is there anything you don't freeze? Do you cryo your Johnson to make it last longer also???? LOL!
lol,...tell you what, send a couple common drill bits you go through and a blade down here, i'll have them frozen with my next batch of stuff and send em back, you'd be surprised at how much longer they last....

phelpsracing1

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 03:48:32 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the information.  I tell you what, if you cant find out about something here on this site then you are probably just out of luck. Also yoshi, how do you like your Milwaukee? I have narrowed it down to either a Dewalt or the Milwaukee.  Is the base flismy or is it made sturdy?

SPEC

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 04:04:04 PM »
That's why we're here 8)

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 04:11:26 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the information.  I tell you what, if you cant find out about something here on this site then you are probably just out of luck. Also yoshi, how do you like your Milwaukee? I have narrowed it down to either a Dewalt or the Milwaukee.  Is the base flismy or is it made sturdy?
I effin love it, over 4 years of almost daily use and it's still good as new.  The base is thick aluminum, not thin tin like every other one i've ever seen, it doesn't flex at all...

In 4 years i've had to replace the vise part twice (a lot of use with employees that put all their body weight into tightening the vice doesn't work out so well) , but they are so cheap I ordered 3 last time, I think they are around $16 apiece, I almost got into an argument with the guy on the phone when I ordered it, I kept saying "no, you don't understand, I need the entire vice assembly, not just a part of it" and he kept saying, "yes, that's the entire part, $16 dollars", I said, "no, I need the entire vice assembly man, your not hearing me", I just couldn't believe it was that cheap, I was all ready to shell out over $100 for something like that on a tool I paid well over $600 for.  I ended up waiting a day to order it because I made him send me an email with a detailed pic of everything that was included, it was everything so I ordered it.  If you get 3, it puts the price at a number that will get you free shipping I believe....

here's the part number for the saw, shop around, there are some good deals out there....milwaukee 6190-20...

And here's the part number and phone number where to order the vice direct to get the best price..
MILWAUKEE ELECTRIC TOOL..............................................262-781-3600
(clamp vise part number 45840120)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 04:24:42 PM by Yoshi »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 04:22:43 PM »
check into the evolution.Not knocking the Mil as it I'm sure well built but the Evo is well built and solid also.All castings,no tin.. I paid 279 I think about 6 months ago.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 04:40:41 PM »

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 04:44:53 PM »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 04:52:14 PM »
Yoshi,Steves Wholesale Tool is just down the road from you .When nearby you might stop in and checkout the EVO and tell me/us if it appears of comparable quality to the Mil.  I know the Mils are of top quality but have not really checked them out for myself and am curious as to how the evo stacks up in your opinion. Our local weld supplier had them when the lower priced/consumer cold saws first came out and said they had no troubles with the Evo's. They were about 500 bux 5 years ago..
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 04:54:36 PM »
Yoshi,Steves Wholesale Tool is just down the road from you .When nearby you might stop in and checkout the EVO and tell me/us if it appears of comparable quality to the Mil.
i'll be out that way next week, i'll stop by and have a looksie...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal