Author Topic: ANyone know much about Snap-on Welders? YA205 model?  (Read 5250 times)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
ANyone know much about Snap-on Welders? YA205 model?
« on: July 21, 2009, 01:26:19 AM »
Been peeking around and found a 220 volt "Snap-On YA205" wire feed welder. Looks pretty good and the guys says its fine and that I can test weld with it before I buy it. Its a little older (not sure how old. Still some of the older welders seem to be better sometimes) But as mentioned it looks nice enough.

My little Solar 2120 110volt has done me OK but I want a step up.
My Solar wire feed has infinite heat and wire speed.

The Snap-On has infinite control of the wire speed but the heat selector has nine settings. I do not see this to be a big deal as most welders I have seen with heat ranges and not infinite only have four or five heat settings (smaller units).

I can get this rig for $350.00 minus the bottle but I have that. The welder IS its own cart that carries the bottle on its tail to so thats a plus. 

Anyone ever mess with this type of beast? I aint found to much doing google searches.  Thanx Bill

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SPEC

Re: ANyone know much about Snap-on Welders? YA205 model?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 11:26:28 AM »
Nutz,
Google up century welders...99% of the snap on welders are made by century...A buddy of mine has I think the same one...He doesn't use it much...But it seems to be okay 8)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: ANyone know much about Snap-on Welders? YA205 model?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 12:11:44 PM »
Been peeking around and found a 220 volt "Snap-On YA205" wire feed welder. Looks pretty good and the guys says its fine and that I can test weld with it before I buy it. Its a little older (not sure how old. Still some of the older welders seem to be better sometimes) But as mentioned it looks nice enough.

My little Solar 2120 110volt has done me OK but I want a step up.
My Solar wire feed has infinite heat and wire speed.

The Snap-On has infinite control of the wire speed but the heat selector has nine settings. I do not see this to be a big deal as most welders I have seen with heat ranges and not infinite only have four or five heat settings (smaller units).

I can get this rig for $350.00 minus the bottle but I have that. The welder IS its own cart that carries the bottle on its tail to so that's a plus. 

Anyone ever mess with this type of beast? I aint found to much doing google searches.  Thanx Bill

This is one of my first wire feeds that I owned.  Good welder.  I loved the spot weld feature that it had.  did a lot of body work spot welding in panels in them old Corvairs and VW's used it 10 years before using it for a trade in.   

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal