Author Topic: Camber on rear a arms  (Read 8030 times)

Offline sandracer1

Re: Camber on rear a arms
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 10:11:30 AM »
I have lowered it about 4" maybe more and it did make a huge difference. Just looking for a little more. I will have to look around for someone to make spacers.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »
ASk and I'm pretty sure there's a member or 2 that would do it for you for a reasonable price  if you don't have a local freebie guy.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 12:28:22 PM »
While I see spacers used all the time if the Revolt has a common bolt pattern a lot of places make them for quads and you might find a set that fits with a lil homework and cheap if you shop the usual places (evil bay)

Might also look at just trying some offset rims. Especially if you want wider ones for sand where it tends to be more open.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 01:43:04 PM »
There ya go.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Stomper

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2010, 12:47:02 PM »
I have a 08 Polaris RZR. I put 2" wheel spacers on it and it made a big difference with the cornering. It"s worth a try. What bolt pattern are your wheel. Are they a quad or utv bolt pattern or automotive pattern. They make spacers for just about every quad/utv bolt pattern.

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 05:19:52 AM »
I have a 08 Polaris RZR. I put 2" wheel spacers on it and it made a big difference with the cornering. It"s worth a try. What bolt pattern are your wheel. Are they a quad or utv bolt pattern or automotive pattern. They make spacers for just about every quad/utv bolt pattern.

Bolt pattern is the same as the RZR. Where did you get yours?

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2010, 06:53:08 AM »
depending on where you ridin, watch the rotors to make sure they arn't out in the open.  On my Suzuki quadrace I would swap the front tire L to R and that gave couple extra inches on each side.  Rotors were exposed so I had to flip back for trail riding, but was definitly was the way for the MX track.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2010, 10:17:39 AM »
If you swap the tires side to side like Carl said spin them before you set it down!

I have had a friend do this on his old LT250r Suzuki and it turns out the valve stems were hitting the caliper once per rotation! 

Short ride that day.

The valve stems will be on the inside. We have done it on Banshees with some rims and they cleared fine. Just depends on the placement of the valve.

They were aftermarket valve stems and longer than the short stockers on his LT250r. But check.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Stomper

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2010, 11:23:25 AM »
Bolt pattern is the same as the RZR. Where did you get yours?

There are tons of them on ebay. Search "rzr wheel spacer". you will have your choice fron 1", 1.5 or 2".
I beleive most polaris quads are the same bolt pattern 4/156.

http://shop.ebay.ca/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=rzr+wheel+spacer&_sacat=See-All-Categories
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 11:31:05 AM by Stomper »

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2010, 11:39:20 AM »
Thanks for all the input guys. I do not think I will be doing anything janke like turning the wheels around, so no worries there.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2010, 11:45:56 AM »
Thanks for all the input guys. I do not think I will be doing anything janke like turning the wheels around, so no worries there.

Technically you are not turning them around.

You take the left front and keep it facing the same direction you put it on the right side and vice versa.

The offset the rims sometimes have on certain vehicles can then make you have a wider stance. Even if you do it just to test the wider stance.

You have the parts and its free other than the time to swap the tires across.

Just make sure everything clears as it spins.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2010, 11:46:44 AM »
Oh yeah... Whats "janke"???

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2010, 12:23:48 PM »
Maybe Yankee? rofl 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

chrishallett83

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2010, 12:24:24 PM »
Technically you are not turning them around.

You take the left front and keep it facing the same direction you put it on the right side and vice versa.

The offset the rims sometimes have on certain vehicles can then make you have a wider stance. Even if you do it just to test the wider stance.

You have the parts and its free other than the time to swap the tires across.

Just make sure everything clears as it spins.

What kind of effect does that have on handling? I know the wider track will make it more stable in fast turns, but what about the scrub radius? Won't somebody please think of the scrub radius?!?

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2010, 12:28:53 PM »
I have thought of scrub radius Chris. But sometimes people will overlook it for the trade off.

I have front sand tires (ribs) here that on a Yamahe Banshee do just great and you hardly notice the differance from stock.

These same rims bolted up to the front of My Polaris Scramblers and Trailblazers but on the Polarises they made then a pain in the kiester to drive as the steering was a lot more effort and a bump would send you sidways pretty easy.

So depending on just how a Revolt is set up it may be real bad to hardly noticeable.

Or he may only be able to use spacers or offset rims on the rear.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal