Author Topic: king vs fox vs ???  (Read 15135 times)

chrishallett83

Re: king vs fox vs ???
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2010, 08:10:30 PM »
Strapless is a good look...

trans man

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2010, 08:12:16 PM »
Strapless is a good look...

YES THAT IS!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

chrishallett83

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2010, 08:19:39 PM »
Knew somebody'd like that...

Snoopy

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2010, 08:37:29 PM »
 gg:

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2010, 08:53:01 PM »
I KNEW someone would pick up on that!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2010, 01:11:16 AM »
I'm still wondering why you need 415PSI......... This sounds like a light car. Maybe more oil and less pre-load? The low oil level might also explain the need for the heavy rebound stack........

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2010, 06:05:50 AM »
Fox 2.0's have a piston area of 3.14 sq. inches. Therefore a shock @415PSI would exert a force of  3.14x415=1303 pounds. As I know very little about setting"spring rate" on an air shocks it means little to me but if that strap is trying to contain that I can see it stretching..........................
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2010, 07:11:14 AM »
I have run a few of my rails with out straps myself but we added them to shanes becuase it banged when it rebounded that first test run. no on deano's rail with fox shocks which have the spring he doesn't run straps nor did he for the entire april trip. I would pre-fer not to myself because the straps rattle and that bugs me!  aslo got to remember that part of the need for the 415 psi was the fact that the valving was installed backwards from king!    also to get 90* at full bump his wheel to shock stroke is just short of 2-1.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2010, 08:52:17 AM »
I see.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2010, 09:41:48 AM »
Fox 2.0's have a piston area of 3.14 sq. inches. Therefore a shock @415PSI would exert a force of  3.14x415=1303 pounds. As I know very little about setting"spring rate" on an air shocks it means little to me but if that strap is trying to contain that I can see it stretching..........................

The shaft diameter is what determines the spring rate, not the piston area. 1.25" shaft is about 1 square inch. So only 415#'s of force fully extended.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2010, 10:09:06 AM »
Actually we're both wrong. I had my head in my ass.For a 2.0 would it not be (3.14x415 bore area) -(3.14x.625x.625 shaft area)=1.91(available piston area)x415=792#'s?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2010, 02:39:52 PM »
Nope, piston has noting to do with it since it's not solid. This isn't a hydraulic ram. The shaft is the piston.

The shaft is actually around 1.25 square inch's in area making for 509#'s of force @ 415PSI

trans man

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2010, 04:21:09 PM »
I'm still wondering why you need 415PSI......... This sounds like a light car. Maybe more oil and less pre-load? The low oil level might also explain the need for the heavy rebound stack........
That was with 25cc of extra oil in them too and before revalving them to  what they are now.  Like I said before, every car is different.  8) 8) 8)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2010, 05:37:52 PM »

he's 310 now and he was running 25cc's additional oil at the time but when the valve stacks were backwards 415 is what he needed with 2 riders.  why well that is just what it needed. this is a light rail especially in the front and as I recall brett from king even comented at 310 psi that must be a light front end now that it is valved correctly and with the stacks on the right side!   

now 415psi was too stiff of a ride but with 2 riders that is what it needed to keep from bottoming out all the time because once again the valving was backwards and no one knew this at that time! he only charged the shocks to this because he thought deano was going to ride with him but earlier he was running around 350 psi ( I think ) and it wasn't right either but no one could figure out why it was behaving so bizzare but now we know!

bdkw1 let me ask you this then, I used to have a 900ninja mini and had to run 380 psi on fox 2.0's to get my desired ride with 2-200lb men, while at ls. that rail was under 800lbs wet with only 20"s travel all 4 corners, how could that be? when you set your shocks how much do you give up at normal ride height, like 33% 28% etc etc?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2010, 07:26:18 PM »
Nope, piston has noting to do with it since it's not solid. This isn't a hydraulic ram. The shaft is the piston.

The shaft is actually around 1.25 square inch's in area making for 509#'s of force @ 415PSI
I'm lost. On this Fox internal diagram please explain. I'm being a bit dense it seems.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal