Author Topic: E98  (Read 13903 times)

Offline Punkur67

Re: E98
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 10:54:55 AM »
I am tuning my new motor on Fireball Whiskey so if I break down my fuel does not go to waste. And I can race my own car all weekend to see who can consume more "fuel".
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline D Walker

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 10:55:43 AM »
Are you worried about how you're  going to get 9+ more gallons in an already full 55 gallon drum?

rofl

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 11:58:17 AM »
I am tuning my new motor on Fireball Whiskey so if I break down my fuel does not go to waste. And I can race my own car all weekend to see who can consume more "fuel".

Cinnamon flavored exhaust  ;D

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 12:10:04 PM »
the cinnamon exh would be a nice change from fast's everclear exh smell  rofl rofl

yummi we have eth free 87 octane here in neb as well at many pumps and here anything less than 10% ethy doesn't have to be labeled but there are 4 pumps that guarantee no alky in theres.  now we have many stations with e 85 and a lot of refineries. there is one many have said stays consistent on west o st but no more than i will use i will test it at the pump to be sure. i know the winter blend is much lower because of our temps around here but i won't use it then.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 01:05:01 PM »
the cinnamon exh would be a nice change from fast's everclear exh smell  rofl rofl

yummi we have eth free 87 octane here in neb as well at many pumps and here anything less than 10% ethy doesn't have to be labeled but there are 4 pumps that guarantee no alky in theres.  now we have many stations with e 85 and a lot of refineries. there is one many have said stays consistent on west o st but no more than i will use i will test it at the pump to be sure. i know the winter blend is much lower because of our temps around here but i won't use it then.

Just filled up from the West O station over lunch hour.. Another tank of e90! ($1.54/gal) This has been verified from my flex sensor and my tester every time I go there. Our 91 octane at most stations around here always register 0% ethanol, and they are very happy to state that fact at the nozzle in my little town  :D
Nice to see and keeps my small engines happy as well
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 01:08:48 PM by Enemy »
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2016, 01:18:47 PM »
e90 in the danger ranger?   giggity

Next thing we will know is theres a corn still in coffeyville, KS making best damn clear shine around.   ff: 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2016, 03:04:43 PM »
Are you worried about how you're  going to get 9+ more gallons in an already full 55 gallon drum?

rofl
rofl nope. I'm a miracle worker. ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2016, 03:18:09 PM »
Just filled up from the West O station over lunch hour.. Another tank of e90! ($1.54/gal) This has been verified from my flex sensor and my tester every time I go there. Our 91 octane at most stations around here always register 0% ethanol, and they are very happy to state that fact at the nozzle in my little town  :D
The possible and real issue I wish to avoid using pump e-anything is phase separation. As we all know alky is hydroscopic by nature and that means it will readily absorb h2o from any source . So? So,phase separation is a very bad thing to have happen. Alky stored in tanks full of atmosphere will have a fairly high water content whereas the anhydrous e98 I'm getting will have zero water in it. Cutting the e98 with real (non alky) unleaded assures me I have near zero water in my e85. That means no corrosion and no real possibility of phase separation. It also means a long shelf life .See?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2016, 03:21:47 PM »
e90 in the danger ranger?   giggity

Next thing we will know is theres a corn still in coffeyville, KS making best damn clear shine around.   ff:
I checked every distillery in a 200 + mile radius of Coffeyville. NONE sell to the public.Maybe be one in Neb but out of cost/time effective range to drive after it. The distillery I am using is in Minnesota and sells a LOT of it to racers.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2016, 04:42:19 PM »

and how is it liking the e90?

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2016, 04:42:39 PM »
I checked every distillery in a 200 + mile radius of Coffeyville. NONE sell to the public.Maybe be one in Neb but out of cost/time effective range to drive after it. The distillery I am using is in Minnesota and sells a LOT of it to racers.

where in minnesota?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2016, 04:58:39 PM »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2016, 07:05:27 PM »
and how is it liking the e90?
giggity

Ok, ok... I'll give that smiley a break lol
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 07:07:46 PM by Enemy »
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2016, 08:17:03 PM »
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:19:34 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2016, 08:28:59 AM »
Well I am just going to have to trust the frequency the GM sensor is telling my gauge to tell my goofy brain.. Kinda blasphemy having that part on my Ford truck, but the tuner crowd has that sensor dialed in for the most part so I will stick with it lol. My primary fuel map is dialed in on 50% for proper blending and cold start definitely is a bit more finicky the higher percentage I go, last night a cold start @ 50* took a bit more crank time to light off. I doubt I will be able to cold start below 30* on ethanol whatsoever with this motor, but thats what I like about a flex setup, have the sensor do the required fuel work instead of having multiple fuel tables.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal