Author Topic: Maverick R XRS  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Baloo

Maverick R XRS
« on: November 22, 2023, 07:04:08 AM »
Hello boys
 im still alive and kicking over this side of the pond, havent been doing much buggy wise over the last few years but trying to get back into it
i stumbled across this on yt, im probably late to the party and you've already discussed these  but they look the business,
dose anyone still biuld buggies are do they just buy them now ?
but what a price 62k  i cant belive people have that much disposable income , they dont over here, i just need to win big on the lottery and i would order a couple lol

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Maverick R XRS
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 06:05:37 AM »
The majority canno build so they finance.  I have looked at those in videos and not impressed for that money. Looked at a razor pro r 2.0 ltre in person.damn sure wasn't impressed with a price tag of $55k ! There wasn't $55k worth of components.  Imo, The textron xx and kawasaki krx have better geometry and components over the others , not including the speed utv.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 06:35:29 PM »
And the sky is the limit on the $$$$$$  Ya.not too many being built/not bought today. Kind of sad to see but it is what it is.  Good to hear from you,baloo!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Baloo

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2023, 06:45:43 AM »
And the sky is the limit on the $$$$$$  Ya.not too many being built/not bought today. Kind of sad to see but it is what it is.  Good to hear from you,baloo!

good to hear from you too fabr, i must make more effort to log in more often

l really cant believe the prices or that people pay them

i moved house and am just building  a garage on the side should be done by xmas  will biuld me a buggy then  or finish one of the ones ive started lol

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2023, 07:06:29 AM »
Not only is it hard to belive that people pay those prices, the new models sell out, on order, before the dealers get any inventory. In the more popular models anyway.  The 2.0 litre engine in the razor is impressive for sure. The turbo systems available for it are as well.  I didn't care for how tight the inside was. I'm not a big guy at 5' 11" and 208 lbs but my left arm rubbed the drivers door just sitting in it. The a pillar split my left eye vision and the rear end has some geometry issues imo.  The kawiasaki krx 1000 was was superior except the motor. Kawi needs to yank one of there 1500 cc supercharged jet ski engines line and install them in the krx to compete. They are both still belt drive and where I understand why, I don't care for it after owning/driving a can am defender around. I looked at a text-only xx 1000 n/a in person the day I bought my can am. Yankton south Dakota motorsports had one on the show room floor while I was there. That was impressive other then the engine. One would need to tear it down and build it for some additional power. That of course is assuming the diff will hold. It too is a cut but the rest of the sxs is a solid build and had a sales price of $28k. Far more realistic price imo.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Baloo

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2023, 07:36:58 AM »
i can see why they are popular  but im just out of touch with what things cost,  you have all those nice places to ride ive been looking on youtube    we have very little in the way of places to ride here in the uk unless your happy in a muddy field and then then the police turn up because someone complained your making a noise lol,  theres a very small market over here for that sort of stuff and when it does appear its in the 10 to 20k bracket   still a lot of money  and much harder to sell as folk over here have deep pockets and short arms lol
im determined to get something finished for the spring
cheers Andy

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 07:00:35 AM »
i can see why they are popular  but im just out of touch with what things cost,  you have all those nice places to ride ive been looking on youtube    we have very little in the way of places to ride here in the uk unless your happy in a muddy field and then then the police turn up because someone complained your making a noise lol,  theres a very small market over here for that sort of stuff and when it does appear its in the 10 to 20k bracket   still a lot of money  and much harder to sell as folk over here have deep pockets and short arms lol
cheers Andy

There are those that cannot understand why I put sooo much effort into my rail just to drive 7 hrs to play on the sand dunes.  Its well worth the drive for sure, to myself. We are lucky to have such places with I. Driving distances for those of us that live in anal retentive states that look down at off readers. Nebraska is 1/3 sand and no public riding ground! I feel for you not having any dunes to ride on !

St Anthony sand dunes are a 16 hr drive for myself. It is a long drive and can get challenging at times as the wind never stops in the state of Wyoming.  Taking a full week off is also difficult for myself except at 2 diff times of the year. It well worth it ! Just need to be sure I have a solid toy before making that trip. Hate to waste such a grand trip like those with a great group of people !!!!

Offline Baloo

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2023, 07:14:29 AM »
cheers Andy

There are those that cannot understand why I put sooo much effort into my rail just to drive 7 hrs to play on the sand dunes.  Its well worth the drive for sure, to myself. We are lucky to have such places with I. Driving distances for those of us that live in anal retentive states that look down at off readers. Nebraska is 1/3 sand and no public riding ground! I feel for you not having any dunes to ride on !

St Anthony sand dunes are a 16 hr drive for myself. It is a long drive and can get challenging at times as the wind never stops in the state of Wyoming.  Taking a full week off is also difficult for myself except at 2 diff times of the year. It well worth it ! Just need to be sure I have a solid toy before making that trip. Hate to waste such a grand trip like those with a great group of people !!!!

yep no sand dunes here  just mud mud and more mud, its difficult for us to comprehend the distances you guys can drive with out falling off the edge of the country into the sea, i live in the centre of the uk so its about 3 hours east west or south and im in the drink, true i could go north up into scotland  but there there not much up there except beautiful countryside and lots of sheep

im retired now so theoretically i should have time on my hands but that dosent seem to work out in practice,  one of my pals emigrated to the states and has invited me out for a month or 2   so i might just rock up to one of your meetings in the sand to see what its all about,   but but but i just looked up Tennessee to st Antonys       19 hour drive lol

Offline Baloo

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2023, 07:19:24 AM »
i forgot to say ive been watching yt vids of vw beetle  based sand rails the stock suspension seems to be able with stand quite a beating
l might investigate finding a beetle and have a play  and see what i can make

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2023, 10:54:56 AM »
St Anthony dune trips are far far more rare then little Sahara Oklahoma dune trips. If you over in the USA def say something.

Here is a pic fresh from Glamis dunes from Jerry.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2023, 12:10:41 PM »
St Anthony is at least 24 hours from Tennessee. It is 24 hours for me in SE Kansas pulling 70 foot plus rig. I believe just driving a car would take 20 hours.

From Tennessee to Little Sahara in Waynoka , Oklahoma is approx 11 hours.

We have a group trip to Little Sahara in the spring. Spring Group Ride 4/26-5/4 2024. You would be more than welcome and be assured of a good time. Always open seats for passengers. I have a spare Yamaha YXZ sxs you could use also.

We also have a fall group trip to St.Anthony coming up as well.    
St Anthony's Idaho Aug 5-9 2024 Group Ride Days

If you could make it you would have fun and leave with permagrin. ;D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 12:17:03 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Baloo

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2023, 02:21:41 AM »
im so jealous of all those places to ride. it looks such a blast flying along the ridges on the dunes, maybe i should emigrate there lol, l bet its hard to become a resident there,  amd thank you very much for the invite, i will get out there for a holiday at some point,     cheers guys

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2023, 06:47:50 AM »
Takes some effort to become a legal citizen . Don't have to become a citizen though to live here. Just ask any of the illegals flooding across our southern border. America needs people like yourself.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal