Author Topic: Fuel Pump  (Read 4951 times)

405dentech

Fuel Pump
« on: October 05, 2008, 01:58:35 PM »
I was wondering what you guys are running for a fuel pump. I have the stock in tank gsxr 600 pump but it looks like i have to buy a tank then take it to get it modified to accept that pump. I plan on ordering a Dynatek power commander and Protodie K&N setup. Also may send my throttle bodies off to have them bored out. What would you guys recommend? Thanks in advance for your help.

Admin

Re: Fuel Pump
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 02:38:56 PM »
What yr, dont bore the t bodies just change them, the newer 04 600's are bigger, and you could always goto a 750. you dont need more top end, you need more toque, generally a smaller carb t bodie etc will produce more torque....Less top end...

405dentech

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 02:53:24 PM »
It's the 04'-05' model 600. My brother was the one that was telling me i ought to bore them out. (I generally just dismiss his ideas anyway because when building or modifying, his way always seems to be the MACGUYVER technique.) He's one of those guys that has never used a weldor, pipe bender or anything else that is much more complicated than a set of crescent wrenches. LOL.

Admin

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 02:58:54 PM »
I would not bore them if i was you... ;D Im pretty certain it will hurt your torque curve...

405dentech

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 03:06:15 PM »
What about the fuel pump setup. I would really like to get a fuel tank ordered.

Admin

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 03:14:51 PM »

add this to a 3.5 gallon 8x16 fuel tank....round aluminum tank that is....

405dentech

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 03:36:57 PM »
 ;D That's badass!!! Where do i get one of those?

Admin

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 03:40:12 PM »
Sorry forgot that part, From Protodie... ;D

405dentech

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 03:43:11 PM »
They are just a weld on piece right?

Admin

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 03:49:41 PM »
yes weld them to a standard round aluminum gas tank, he also has them for a flat tank...

borris

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 06:07:12 PM »

borris

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 06:12:40 PM »
If you do a flat bottom tank make same provision for a small sump also and plumb your fuel return line into the sump. Nothing worse than having a 1/4 tank of fuel and stopping on a steep,having the fuel run to the end of the tank and losing fuel to the pump. Don't ask how I know this.

Maxine

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 06:45:01 PM »
If you do a flat bottom tank make same provision for a small sump also and plumb your fuel return line into the sump. Nothing worse than having a 1/4 tank of fuel and stopping on a steep,having the fuel run to the end of the tank and losing fuel to the pump. Don't ask how I know this.

Adding a sump is a definite must, especially if you are using one of the round spun aluminum tanks.  They are long and as comrade Borris said if you don't steep inclines or side hills will be a challenge.

Admin

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 06:54:25 PM »
I may have to contact protodie and see if he can do some wonders and sump that weld on adapter...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 06:57:35 PM »
Or just an o-ringed spacer that acts as a sump for those with tanks that don't have a built in sump and the regular mount for those that do.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal