Author Topic: oct 2009 footage  (Read 9066 times)

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
Re: oct 2009 footage
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2009, 02:24:54 PM »
Here is my thing. My rail dose not fit in the trailer with the paddles on. So I would have to change the tires over to get from the gate to the campground and break camp to go out in the dunes. Seems like a major pain in the a@@. DS and I were talking of coming with my flat and enclosed to have a camp and a way to get to the gate. Really sound like they need a trail from the camp grounds. Hell I would pay a trail fee to not have to load and unload all the time.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2009, 03:19:06 PM »
No way am I going to try to maneuver a 43 footer around some parking lot.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2009, 04:54:43 PM »
I don't think you need to be a member there. I could look at pics on it before I was a member.

See if this workz.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2009, 05:10:19 PM »
Notice in the lower left corner of the red they have "Not a restroom" There are other spots in the dunes where some woods are with lotsa snakey banked trails that are fun on quads and some people think its OK to "rest" there.

Get caught and it will be some $$$$ $hit. Even a pee out there can be $$ if they catch yah "with your pants down".

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SandDragon

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2009, 06:49:28 PM »
I'm sure it is a fun place to ride but with my luck and all the rules you guy have talked me out from EVER going to Silver Lake to play. Sounds to me, they don't want people their. I hope you all have fun and all you have to pay for is your trip.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2009, 06:57:17 PM »
lol I do not mean to make it sound like a bad place so much as to not want anyone from here to go there and have issues.

Doug likes it and he wouldn't steer yah wrong would he??  :-X

On the slower weekends its actually a nice place.

Less people and less cops (and DNR) and the cops (and DNR) are not as nasty as the big weekends.

On the slow weekends if you just play nice in the parking lot you will have no issues.

Trust in Doug. I doubt he would tell yah to come IF it was totally horrible. He already mentioned he would not go on the busy weekends just because of that.

Just do not plan to go on a holiday weekend unless you like zoo's. If a holiday weekend is planned I can outline what needs to be done to actually get in.

But on a off weekend. Its a lot of fun. Just not as many idiots doing dumb things but to many people thats a good thing.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2009, 07:18:30 PM »
A really good thing. I've had enough of idiots getting in the way whether on a quad or in a buggy. Seriously though ,with a 43 foot trailer is there any way to get to the dunes other than trying to take it into the parking lot or the ,what,2 mile drive on PADDLES on pavement? It sounds/looks like there isn't room for my trailer in the lot. Where is the camping?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2009, 07:28:03 PM »
You should have little trouble with the trailer as there are quite a few that big. Some bigger. Camping is at several different areas. The closest of which is a couple miles. The place Doug likes is a little farther.

Big trailers (like everything else) only have issues on the busy weekends. 

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2009, 08:07:38 PM »
The big ones have no problem with traffic or such in the parking at the entrance? Well ,in that case we have a deal back in the making. I wonder if the car LOOKS street legal if a person would get stopped on the street to the parking lot from any of the camp areas. If caught ,how do they fook with you then?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2009, 08:57:44 PM »
azzholez driving bad piss off the cops on the bad weekends then they sometimes just start busting everyone.

Acting like an angel till you get in the dunes usually means you get one riding on your shoulder. Smae goes for the devil.

The parking lot entrance takes a wide swing but some folks bring Semis in there with 53 foot trailers.

The approach to the dunes entrance is important too. But easy to do. Longer things should come in from the east.

I have a 16 foot box truck and a 34 foot box trailer and I can get in and out of there no sweat with it.

As for driving a car illegally on the street. Thats up to your angel.

If caught its like any time you get yanked. Cops in a good mood and your not an ash. Likely a warning.

Cops in a bad one and you be a ash. Anythings possible.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2009, 11:00:49 AM »
cops just sound like they hate duners!!  I have to agree with the above statement it really does sound like they are trying to discourage people from duning for more than a day or from coming in out of town or state!! if they won't allow driving to the gate then they should provide courtesy trailer/shuttle service, not everyone has a truck that can pull two trailers one to sleep in and one to haul with. I will have to figure something out to avoid changing tires every time out that is the only hang up I have!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2009, 11:34:13 AM »
Nutz quit scaring everyone! Its not that bad!  :police:  8)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2009, 02:21:19 PM »
lol No its not so bad.

Look at it this way. I have a place near the dunes cause I like to be near them so much! I go there ALL the time (12 miles by asphalt and 9 miles by the "short cut" dirt road) to the dunes entrance) and never have issues cause I know what you can and can't do and being a "good guy" does not take much!  Being a good guy just menas you do not get in trouble. I have been coming here for 20 years plus now.

I prefer Glamis just for its intensity but this place is fun. Dumont is pretty cool too but really remote.  I wish I knew more about LS in Oklahoma but everyone who goes there rants about it so its gotta be pretty cool. The pics and vidoes make me want to go there at least once just to check it out. I am looking fo work in that neck of the woods too. 

Sadely I got a place near these dunes (Silver Lake) as I was expecting to be working in Detroit for the next umpteen years. Be able to drive home here on the weekends and have the toys ready to go.

Now that thats gone I really am wishing I would have gotton a place out west in Phoenix just for the job market. Then Glamis would have been my playground. It still might be soon.

I cannot find much work near LS Oklahoma. Salt Lake city has my eye and attention as well. It looks like a VERY good place for a dune-head. Close to many dunes and Glamis only 12 hours. I'll take that ball and roll with it if I can. 

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2009, 02:44:14 PM »
Nutz quit scaring everyone! Its not that bad!  :police:  8)
Not bad at all till ya get thrown in the local gray bar. BTDT,kinda ruins a guys trip ya know. LOL!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SandDragon

« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2009, 09:02:39 PM »
Well a lot has happen in the last couple of weeks. Doug it looks like I have a reason to come to Silver Lake and play in the sand with all of you now. None of you may care but I have to tell everybody. I was born in Flint Mi 49 years ago and my mother gave me up for adoption. I was raised here in Missouri by wonderfull parents who have sense pass away. I have never looked for my birth family because of taking the chance of hurting my adoptive parents even though they said it was OK, it has always been in the back of my mind wondering about them but I felt that at my age they would possibly passed also and never thought about having brothers or sisters. A couple of weeks ago I got a letter from Michigan child services asking if I was my name and was I born 04/06/1960 in Flint Mi if I was please call this number. When I did and told her I was that person she was looking for she explained to me that I had a younger sister looking for me. Than went on to tell me I was one of four children a older sister a younger brother and a younger sister. Sad to say that my younger brother has passed away and they didn't have any contact information about my older sister but I have got to talk to my younger sister on the phone. I didn't realise how much it would mean to ever find my birth family till it happened. I plan on driving to Flint to meet her sometime so Doug if I happen to bring my buggy with me on a trip to Flint lets hook up and ride together so you can keep me from getting all those tickets that everybody been talking about. You all have a good one, be safe on the sand and never give up looking if you happen to be adopted also.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 09:07:01 PM by SandDragon »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal