Author Topic: Idaho dates for 2017 8/12-8/20  (Read 26888 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: Idaho dates for 2017 8/12-8/20
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2017, 10:24:25 PM »
If you all going on this date you better get your reservation in asap.  Looking at the idaho dunes camp site map every weekend is full so we can not stay more then five days in any one of the spots. I rather imagine that the BLM site will be over flowing the week also. Was talking with the people we stayed on there place last year after we left the camp ground and they told us everything including the church parking lots are full. Unfortunately Sylvia and I will not make it this year. On the 17th of August we will be picking up our son Cary from the gates of hell that he has endured for the last twelve years.  This is a date I nor Sylvia can not miss. I am going to try and come up late August after we get Cary re-entered into society for a bit. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2017, 05:53:43 AM »
Is there some event that week? If so,if I go,I'd prefer we planned on a less busy week. It's up to all others though. We need to pin this down guys.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2017, 07:48:17 AM »
Is there some event that week? If so,if I go,I'd prefer we planned on a less busy week. It's up to all others though. We need to pin this down guys.

I thought it was an event free week from earlier posts, but as you say, I would rather go when there is nothing going on!
Need. More. Data....
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2017, 07:56:22 AM »
Same here.  Less busy is better.  Like having the place to ourselves :)

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2017, 08:40:57 AM »
Idaho Dunes - August  (first week in September is pretty wide open but that might not work for people with kids/school)

Sand hills resort August 12th thru 20th.  I think the whites ones are booked ???
(first week in September is pretty wide open here also but that might not work for people with kids/school)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2017, 10:57:38 AM »
not sure any of us have large enough fuel tanks to camp at sand hills and play on the big dunes
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2017, 11:37:39 AM »
not sure any of us have large enough fuel tanks to camp at sand hills and play on the big dunes
We could park one vehicle @ the BLM with fuel.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2017, 12:26:28 PM »
Keep me posted ASAP!!! I plan to make it this year...

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2017, 12:28:30 PM »
We could park one vehicle @ the BLM with fuel.

some how i just knew you would say something like this lol  ;) ;) ;D

i will say what you told me of the rolling dunes in the direction of sand hills camp sound like a good run for day 1
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2017, 05:35:15 AM »
Just strap extra fuel in back of car.  Its what Razor guys do, works fine; most of the time. LOL

Or call me I will bring ya some fuel, 2-1/2 day wait.  May be faster to walk out.

The BLM site best I remember no reservations, first come first serve?  That would SUCK!.  Theres a better route to sand hills w/o brush tree covered mtns.  And avoid the lave rocks, I'm sure.  We just never found it.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2017, 07:26:00 AM »
Just strap extra fuel in back of car.  Its what Razor guys do, works fine; most of the time. LOL

Or call me I will bring ya some fuel, 2-1/2 day wait.  May be faster to walk out.

The BLM site best I remember no reservations, first come first serve?  That would SUCK!.  Theres a better route to sand hills w/o brush tree covered mtns.  And avoid the lave rocks, I'm sure. We just never found it.

I 'think' I may have found a main trail when I ventured that way on the Brute, but was more interested in finding out what the mining operation was in the red hill to the North..

At least I found brother Don a rock for his fire pit during the adventure  lol
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Scottvsmith

« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2017, 10:12:08 AM »
Idaho Dunes - August  (first week in September is pretty wide open but that might not work for people with kids/school)

Am I missing something? All of those green Vs Mean that the spots are vacant.
It appears that the campsites are wide open for this week

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 10:14:38 AM by Scottvsmith »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2017, 11:50:37 AM »
If you all going on this date you better get your reservation in asap.  Looking at the idaho dunes camp site map every weekend is full so we can not stay more then five days in any one of the spots. I rather imagine that the BLM site will be over flowing the week also. Was talking with the people we stayed on there place last year after we left the camp ground and they told us everything including the church parking lots are full. Unfortunately Sylvia and I will not make it this year. On the 17th of August we will be picking up our son Cary from the gates of hell that he has endured for the last twelve years.  This is a date I nor Sylvia can not miss. I am going to try and come up late August after we get Cary re-entered into society for a bit.

very nice of you to do so and i'm sure he will be estatic to see his folks. however after 12 years he'll need some company for a couple to few weeks. 

now theres really only 2 week span in aug i can take a full week off. and that's pretty much the only time of the year i can do so because of my job. scottsmith has been asking me for quite some time if anyone picked a date so i have posted the question if the 12th thru 20th work. so far everyone has said yes. he had to bid his vacation time and he picked those dates. so i will be going that week  i plan on getting there that sat...aug 12th and will leave fri morning aug 18th and i will try and get the same site i got last time at idaho rv. i think it was site 32

fast it's a shame you can't go but i would like to make this trip a yearly trip so next year. i will see you at LS though.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2017, 06:30:26 PM »
fabbr , budlight and who ever else           
ok just booked site 31 for sat the 12 thru that thurs since i'm leaving friday morning. check out is 11 am he next morning. looks like lance and scott both reserved site 32 and enemy i think 28 or 29. doug has yet to.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2017, 06:30:41 PM »
Idaho RV.
27 Reserved.

Giggidy.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal