Author Topic: Idaho dates for 2017 8/12-8/20  (Read 26895 times)

Offline lsxsonoma

• Grunt worker
Re: Idaho dates for 2017 8/12-8/20
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2017, 01:11:54 PM »
Guess you just might need some help... or motivation... ill be over tomorrow with both.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2017, 02:35:26 PM »
your welcome to come help ...not sure who you are and i should know where milftown is but then again i've been married quite a while. lol   wait a min thats milford town ....they have a fantastic pizza parlor on the north end of town!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:37:31 PM by dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline lsxsonoma

• Grunt worker
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2017, 04:15:26 PM »
They do have an amazing pizza parlor... but less about pizza and more about ms3

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2017, 04:39:18 PM »
pizza trumps all!  lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2017, 10:21:43 PM »
LS!! Sonoma??
I heard those blow up a lot, sure it would make the drive??
 ;D
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2017, 09:03:10 AM »
and i didn't say nothing before the post but did afterwords  LMAO LMAO   kick kick damn carquest machine shop  5:

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2017, 06:57:16 AM »
got dougs harness run...not complete but run. looks good too ...very clean but forgot to get a 2nd 02 bung weld.    lxssonom came and out helped ,he wants to go .....i told he can crash on my couch in the toyhauler...he`ll bring his 450 dirtbike.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 09:16:41 AM by dsrace »

Offline lsxsonoma

• Grunt worker
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2017, 09:18:03 AM »
Definitely going. i put off going back to school for 6 months to go on this trip  LMAO

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2017, 11:51:58 AM »
well then i hope you have fun!

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2017, 02:27:40 PM »
Ready to go  ;D

VEGAS baby!

A day at the lake.

Virgin sand in those big bowls with quite the cornice from the wind the day before.  Too much cornice for this duner!  It SCARED me!

They had a lot of fun being maniacs in the water.

True redneck engineering at the lake.  "Hmmm what do we have that's the right size to plug this very old Tygon fuel tube?"

Does this look like the promise of a perfect day tomorrow or what?

The Heim machine!  This is Doug's masterwork.  The fine touches are just amazing.

Just another day at the lake.

North of Vegas on the way home.  Wynn nursing it down the road 3 miles to the truck stop and the guy wants to know why I just don't change it.  I say " It's 107 degrees out and I have money?"  He just smiled and said pull it over there in the shade it'll be next.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2017, 04:31:22 PM »
" I say " It's 107 degrees out and I have money?" "  LMAO LMAO rofl rofl rofl rofl 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2017, 09:34:46 PM »
Lance,
Last year when I left Idaho I made it just past Black Foot and tire was smoking from being drug down the road. I went and put a tire monitor on the trailer before I came up here. It tells you pressure and temp. It really works nice too. On the way up here I stopped for 2 weeks and when I started down the road it gave me a signal of a low tire so stopped and put air in it. I had a bad valve core. But it saves the tire. $ 200.00 is what I paid for it.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2017, 12:41:11 AM »
I did that over 5 years ago. I have all my tires monitored. Peace of mind!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2017, 11:20:08 AM »
Well this one was definitely an adventure for all in attendance!! Lots of WICKED dunes. Nick and I put well over 100 miles on the Brutes in a couple days, but unfortunately his didn't want to run on the last day of riding.. Another chapter in the continuing saga of Gremlins running around messing with everybody's equipment! My gremlin decided that I didn't need to be able to shift my truck when leaving my cousin Shannons on the way to Idaho.. Got up in the morning, got settled in the seat, pulled the shifter to "Drive" and SNAP! Busted the aluminum shaft in the column that attaches to the trans cable.. BUT, it was in Drive range and I could move it to Neutral.... Down the road we go! The big passes were interesting, and had to crawl under the truck to put it in neutral at fuel stops but manageable.. THEN, 20 miles out of Rock Springs my fuel pump decided it had had enough and died on the interstate.. Grrr.. WEll, it had seen some use when I had my previous fueling woes, so blaming that on the failure. I will swap in my spare on the side of the interstate! Got that all done, keyed up, and NOTHING! My spare, fairly new pump would not spin... SHIT!! So after the old pump cooled off enough to touch it, I beat the piss out of it while hooked directly to the battery and it took off again.. Bolted it back in and it got us into Rock Springs and an Oreilly's that happen to have an aftermarket replacement.. A little parking lot mechanics and we are back down the road! Much better than on the interstate with 80mph fly-by's! Found a used column at a salvage yard in Idaho Falls and fixed my shifter at the dunes on Wednesday. Much more enjoyable drive home... UNTIL at a little shit hole fuel stop called "Point of Rocks", I noticed a few cords showing on the RT rear trailer tire... OK, swap it out... Nick got the jack out, slid it under the trailer and had a peculiar look on his face...

"Dude.... Your leaf spring hanger is almost busted off the frame...."

Well, nothing can be done here! Down the road we go! Got it back to my cousins over Laramie pass for the evening and decided it has been this way for quite a while by the looks of the cracks. Mild Redneck engineering could of made sure it went no further (or a welder) but was confident it would last the remaining 450 miles and thankfully it did!

Still a great trip with lots of awesome memories with a crew that I consider family.
Ready for the next adventure!!
Some pics of the climbs we did, we went to the dune fields on the North Side of the mountain called Juniper HP, very cool to look down on the dunes and ride sand that is like running across water it is so deep and fluffy! The Brute was porpoising like a boat on the stuff! No other tracks in site! I have some vids of the climbs as well.
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2017, 12:12:07 PM »
ya heck of a trick and sand vw sorry i didn't hear the phone when you called for a ride. i was trying to figure something out and didn't hear it. all in all great trip ! the people make them great trips!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal