Author Topic: IRS idea  (Read 5097 times)

Icky

Re: IRS idea
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 12:36:52 AM »
what made you go with the QC vs the non QC like i posted? I've been looking at their catalog online and it looks like they have an IRS now. but I would end up trying to make that narrower as well.
But I did find these ;D
https://rcvperformance.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=36
Which might help some people, claiming up to 40 degrees. Close to what your F-150 CVs were getting if i remember correctly.

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 01:05:03 AM »
QC gears are relatively cheap and quick if you want to change gear ratio's. I had in mind what I thought a good ratio would be, but you never know till you run it. I picked up a couple of used sets around the ratio I started with off Feepay for about 15 bucks a set.

Icky

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 01:18:08 AM »
i was thinking about making my own little V-drive, but not really a V outta QC gears, I could buy two of their rear covers that hold the bearings build my own center section and modify it from there, then i could adjust the ratios from there if i needed to. They make helical cut QC gears which would make it stronger and quieter.

Icky

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 03:40:54 PM »
Don't know it anyone cares, but I thought i'd share. I called Winters today, a month after i said I would (been busy with work and i'm lazy sometimes) and for their Aluminum center section kit non quick change (with a 10" ring & pinion, bearings etc, no side bells, spool or axle tubes) it was $658 and some change, forgot to write it down. ::) Some guy is gonna call me next week who deals with people like me or us  ;Dthat has helped people put together alot of custom applications. Any thoughts on power loss running though a th350 to a v-drive of sorts to this rearend? Vs a transaxle or CVT stup?

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 04:42:29 PM »
The T350 is going to be the power robber. It will also be the parts savior.

If your dead set on a IRS QC rear end, I might no of a complete unit that came out of on of the LVDC cars for sale. More than your center section kit, but a lot less than machining all the parts your self.......

Icky

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 05:12:44 PM »
Just the person i wanted to hear from. :) How wide is it? picture? Price? On your qc rear what stopped you from making it narrower then you did. From my laptop re-engineering ( well call it that so I don't start any fires ;D) it looks like as long as you could offset the rearend in the car, you could get that other CV cup sucked inside the housing a bit to make it narrower. I'm shooting for 6" between cv centers, probably unrealistic though. Maybe i'll draw it. I'm not to worried about machining, I have access to a lazer, lathes, mills (though i'm not even close to a machinist) and a friend of mine has his own CNC shop. I might go read your thread again

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 12:23:23 AM »
6" is very unrealistic. I belive this one is the 10" relm. The last price I heard out of him was 1500 with spares. The flanges are 934.........

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal