Author Topic: Arrowheads Honda Tranny Setup by magnum  (Read 12250 times)

Admin

Re: Arrowheads Honda Tranny Setup by magnum
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2009, 07:28:34 PM »
Perfect, what diameter driven would fit on there, think it could be arranged with the input shaft directly above the out put shaft?

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2009, 07:52:55 PM »
I think any size secondary you could find would fit.  If it were me and I was going to make a shaft anyway.  I would crack the case open and see if I could fit some bearings in somewhere and then replace the whole input shaft with one a secondary would fit on.
This post has been edited due to content.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2009, 07:54:28 PM »
The reason for using ANY 4-5 speed tranny is to have final drive ratio capability. Yes bug a jeff or RPM will do the job for most users with no issues. EXCEPT if you go to wide open  spaces like open dunes or desert and wish you had a bit taller gear for top end OR you head into the trails and find you're geared too high for what you've need for. See???????
 Bug, I know you've never been to LS so I understand your not understanding the need,and since it's so small compared to major dune areas you likely think it's all the same there.Not so. In the 3 sq miles it is it has wide open dunes and tight twisty trails.Literally 100 mph appropriate areas and places where 10 would be fast.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2009, 08:11:02 PM »
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2009, 08:20:08 PM »
I took the pics as it would sit in the car.  I wouldn't rotate it for the same reasons Nutz said.

artie on edge

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2009, 08:21:28 PM »
since it's so small compared to major dune areas you likely think it's all the same there.Not so. In the 3 sq miles it is it has wide open dunes and tight twisty trails.Literally 100 mph appropriate areas and places where 10 would be fast.

Huh? Shatter my dreams why dont you?

I had it in my head that Glamis was THE PLACE and as such should cover massive areas of land.... I mean when we talk large areas ou there we mean LARGE areas....

I am shattered.... (and obviosuly deluded...)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2009, 08:24:10 PM »
Huh? Shatter my dreams why dont you?

I had it in my head that Glamis was THE PLACE and as such should cover massive areas of land.... I mean when we talk large areas ou there we mean LARGE areas....

I am shattered.... (and obviosuly deluded...)

lol lil confuzion here.  As far as I know Bugs only been to Silver Lake in Michigan. Its nice and funbut parking lots at Glamis are bigger than the whole riding area at Silver Lake.  Cannot say about Little Sahara. Hope to see it one day.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2009, 08:24:41 PM »
what the hell does +1 hidden mean.

Boostinjdm, Hero_saku39, Artie on edge, Yummi (+ 1 Hidden) and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2009, 08:26:54 PM »

Maybe you should send your buggy to check it out.....bring daughter.  He He.  Ok I'll stop now before it gets creepy. ;D

artie on edge

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2009, 08:29:29 PM »
Maybe you should send your buggy to check it out.....bring daughter.  He He.  Ok I'll stop now before it gets creepy. ;D

Gets? It isnt already?

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2009, 08:30:56 PM »
what the hell does +1 hidden mean.

Boostinjdm, Hero_saku39, Artie on edge, Yummi (+ 1 Hidden) and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

The "+1 hidden" is me. I clicked in one day in my profile. It makes it look like I am offline when I am on. I just aint clicked it back yet.  As you can guess I am online to type this

artie on edge

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2009, 08:34:25 PM »

I guess Im like most dads, my lil 22yr old will ALWAYS be my lil girl and thats they way I like it.. any attention from others in THAT respect is unattractive (get yer filthy fookin hands off my daughter! I dont CARE if youve been married for 2 years now!)...
sad case huh?

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2009, 08:44:06 PM »
shit 22 I'm only 25.  If it makes you feel any better not all guys are bad news.  I been loyal to my GF for 8.5 years now.  I gave up my best Highschool and College partying years for her.  And she says I never make sacrifices.  I'm also giving up everything I have worked for to move so we can be close all the time.

Rick S.

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2009, 09:10:56 PM »
Wow! Whats wrong with me? I've got 3 kids all out of wedlock and with different moms.
Did finally tie the knot at 42 though. Come on have some fun.

Admin

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2009, 09:24:37 PM »
Fabber i see your need, if you read clearly I said different goals...

Why wouldnt the gear lube climb the gears like in any other machine?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal