Author Topic: Arrowheads Honda Tranny Setup by magnum  (Read 12141 times)

Admin

Re: Arrowheads Honda Tranny Setup by magnum
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 05:17:15 PM »
If it fails it isnt gonna be burning out, Its gonna be when the tires leave the ground and catch back traction...

Admin

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 05:19:04 PM »
With a jackshaft, unless you are gearing 1:1 your asking for problems, with the gear ratio in the trans imo it is stupid not to run direct to the input shaft...

magnum4598

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 05:21:56 PM »
i have thought about a housing with gears instead of a chain its doable

Admin

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 06:25:26 PM »
i have thought about a housing with gears instead of a chain its doable

It is doable, but a waiste of time... And absorbs the savings of using the honda trans to begin with...

artie on edge

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 06:35:28 PM »

Admin

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 06:40:21 PM »
I agree, if you wanted to throw cash at thi sthing you wouldnt use the honda trans to start with. Go the 091 like fabr.. I wonder how much he would have spent had this all been retail work and not done largely in-house? Not all of us have his facilities.

IMO, of course....

Way way more than any jeffco or rpm box that is proven reliable, Hell he paid as much for the 091, as 2 rpm boxes can be had at dealer cost... Tho his goals are a bit different...

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 06:42:33 PM »
This post has been edited due to content.

Admin

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 06:45:17 PM »
If you ask real nice and give me a smooch, I will run out to the garage and check the width.  I have a d series 88-91 4 speed sitting on the floor. ;D

(sorry, had to edit.  That just sounds gay without the smiley.)
Please? measure the offset to the seal on the input shaft to will ya, hell just cad it all up for us if you want...

artie on edge

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 06:46:38 PM »
 Boost, next time you kiss me and try and slip the tongue again, I'm gonna snot ya  8)

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 06:49:55 PM »
offset to the seal?  chill for a min and I will post a pic and you can draw in what dimensions you want.

Admin

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »
offset to the seal?  chill for a min and I will post a pic and you can draw in what dimensions you want.
How far the input shaft seal is offset from the center of the cv flanges...

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2009, 07:07:39 PM »
here are the pics.  outside of seal to outside of seal is approx 7".  input shaft is roughly 2" long from seal to tip and flush with output shaft seal. so to answer your question, I think the input seal is about 1"-1.5" to the left of the center of cv flanges.

magnum4598

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2009, 07:13:35 PM »
first of all i am working with size  turning the busa engine sidways is not a solution i want to consider
yea it makes it easer to feed a tranny with power but all of that extera legth and wieght is not somthing i want to comprimaze
if i was going to do that i would build a full size car and use an ls1 out of a camaro
what i proposed is compact and will work for the length of the drive train you are using i could make the chain longer as for making a housing with gears in it i would do that my self and i would use transfer gears out of a 4x4transfer case then make my own case so the cost would be minimal
as far as testing the honda tranny it self i will use a chain to start with if the tranny holds up i will tackle the issue of chain wear

magnum4598

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2009, 07:19:38 PM »
hey boost how much does that wiegh i will use my plasma cutter and remove the bell housing so the tranny will be evan more compact

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2009, 07:26:37 PM »
I don't know 45-50 lb ish.  I can pick it up one handed.  Feels about the same as my five gallon bucket of mud and I think it is 40#.  Fabber should know.  What does a bucket of drywall mud weigh?  I don't have a scale in the house, but if I feel motivated later I may run out to the go-kart trailer and get one.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal