Author Topic: Hahn Port Fueler for Enemys new hotness!  (Read 26911 times)

Admin

Re: Hahn Port Fueler for Enemys new hotness!
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2009, 05:56:44 PM »
Very nice, i was assuming from the original post they sat on top of the t bodies, "why i have no idea" but makes perfect sense now....

trojan

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 09:25:55 PM »
Thanks Enemy. I meant using bigger better injectors, not the stock ones or ones that are slightly better than stock - ones actually rated at the duty/flow you need. Using a piggy back to me is like using a screwdriver when you really wanted a wood chisel. It will do the job but there's no finesse involved ;)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 09:37:18 PM »
Boost compensation map....
Copied from AEM forum.. Very popular way to very quickly get a car on the road and log with the AEM.. Alot more to it in the software of course , but would work for a start up map in boost...

"If at say 4K RPM and 100KPA you need X amount of fuel to get Y A/F then at 4K RPM and 200KPA you will need 2X fuel to get the same Y A/F. Make sense? Yes, in extreme cases the VE of the motor will change at some point due to restrictions somewhere but for the most part this concept holds true."

Really good reading on the AEM forum actually, and has worked very well in my truck. (I can post up the link if interested) I'm just guessing, but I bet that's how Bill Hahn can hand out a map he says is good to 500 hp with this setup...Wont be perfect, but it will get me logging in the shortest amount of time I bet.

Hmmm,hadn't thought about it that way since I've only done FMU shi-uh-stuff..I see the light.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

xcalibur

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2009, 08:42:33 AM »
this guy is running the hahn port fueler on this turbo busa tompro at silver lake, it is the smoothest power curve you've ever seen on a turbo car !!!! worth every penny, he said he removed the old step up fuel diaphragm that tompro put on it and what a difference !!!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 08:45:41 AM by xcalibur »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2009, 08:48:04 AM »
That's really good to hear.Could you ask him to post up some info about his experience and any issues or tips he may have ?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2009, 09:18:13 AM »
YES! Another positive experience!

I would love to hear what he has to say as well..

Oh and we figured out why Richard @ RCC does not have much good to say about the Hahn.. He is designing a similar setup!...HHmmmm. I know it will be an incredible piece of hardware coming from Richard, and we the consumers will benefit the most with the competition. Cant wait to see what he comes up with! But it is great to hear all the positives regardless..
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009, 03:14:14 PM »
Question:if the portfuelers were not solidly connected to the fuel rail would it make for an easier install ? 
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

70SSElky

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 03:42:30 PM »
I think they have to be solidly connected.  Other wise you would blow the injector out with  pressure.  Really they are not that hard to install, infact you leave the screws on the fuel rail loose untill you have the bodies set and then line every thing up and tighten the last two screws.  Now, taking them back off does suck, they get ahold of those intake necks and do not want to come off!!

Hey Enemy, I bet you still have a base map in there,  if not just hit me up and I will give you a copy.  I copied all my maps just for insurance and kept the base map just incase I needed to start over.  Just make sure you tune both the A map and the B map when your tuning.  Each map runs two injectors so you need to make sure both match.

I am going to try adding a vid of my car.  Its the orange mini. 

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2009, 04:08:03 PM »
That is sweet Elky...  Looks like your putting the hurt on a V-8.  ;D ;D ;D  That was Glamis drags?  When?

Feel free to post up some pics and info on your car.  ;D

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2009, 04:51:11 PM »

Hey Enemy, I bet you still have a base map in there,  if not just hit me up and I will give you a copy.  I copied all my maps just for insurance and kept the base map just incase I needed to start over.  Just make sure you tune both the A map and the B map when your tuning.  Each map runs two injectors so you need to make sure both match.

I talked to Hahn yesterday, and he said the Split Second box has the base map he designed loaded in it, so I should be good to go. Thanks for the offer and the heads up on the A/B maps!  :D
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2009, 05:05:45 PM »
Question:if the portfuelers were not solidly connected to the fuel rail would it make for an easier install ?

What (I think) would make for a bit better setup is if the Fuelers were a one piece design. On and off assembling would improve instead of working with individual manifolds. Then install the fuel rail retaining brackets on the sides of the manifold, instead of underneath..Mr-Turbo has used a one piece manifold in the past for the Busa. Pricey, but so is just the manifolds from Hahn..

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2009, 05:09:47 PM »
There ya go!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Admin

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2009, 07:00:50 PM »
I think they have to be solidly connected.  Other wise you would blow the injector out with  pressure.  Really they are not that hard to install, infact you leave the screws on the fuel rail loose untill you have the bodies set and then line every thing up and tighten the last two screws.  Now, taking them back off does suck, they get ahold of those intake necks and do not want to come off!!

I am going to try adding a vid of my car.  Its the orange mini.

cool vid, i have seen that on you tube before, If you have youtube or photobucket just paste the link, it will pop right up...

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2009, 09:12:03 PM »
I think that I am following this correctly, but please stomp the ignorance out.....  I have looked at the Hahn site some as well.

So this system is completely stand alone from all of the normal bike computer, wiring, etc.  Does the bikes injection just run a map based on RPM, Throttle position, etc?  No vacuum or oxygen sensor feedback?

I take it that you are not installing a complete turbo kit, but just the additional FI to add in for the turbo?  You have already been running a turbo before, but have been trying to make the stock computer/injectors compensate for it by changing the fuel map?  But now you will go back to the stock map to get good driveability, while only tuning the Hahn map for when boost starts to build?

If my assumptions are correct, then these questions should make sense.  How is this system picking up the information for it's fuel map?  The RPM, Throttle position etc?  Is it a harness that plugs into the busa harness?

I am curious because this system should be able to be easily adapted to any FI motor that someone wanted to turbo, except for the wiring and the throttle body adapters?

Thanks,
Carl
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 09:13:50 PM by Engineer »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2009, 09:36:54 PM »
Cool AVATAR!!! BUGS DA MAN!!!!!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal