Author Topic: Car repairs.....  (Read 1424 times)

plkracer

Car repairs.....
« on: February 06, 2009, 11:54:25 PM »
Doesn't it always seem like something always goes wrong at the worst possible time??

I got back today from the hobby show over in Monroe, and I decided to lower my right front headlight. It has been pointing high for a while now, and I finally had my phillips screwdriver in the car. I pop the hood, the car is running, and I hear a squeel. WTF!! The damn idler is starting to go out on the serpentine belt... And just to think I could go home next friday and pack up for a buggy trip on Saturday. I better order the parts in advance so i can fix it Friday night.  And in addition to that, the lower adjuster for the light is broken. No wonder it has been pointing high! I think that problem is best left alone... hehe. Poor car has 213,000 miles. Need to drive my pickup more often.

I guess the buggy is next right?? lol
Can't wait to try out those new treads on some high speed trails or some sand.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 11:58:19 PM by plkracer »

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
Re: Car repairs.....
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 12:24:59 AM »
On the bright side, at least you know what is wrong.  Better to catch those things now than on the road when you can't do anything about it.  Don't scrub the buggy trip though.  Give the auto a breather, let 'er sit for a weekend, drive your truck and go tear it up.  Just get some fresh vids to share with those of us net yet fortunate enough to have a buggy to drive. 

plkracer

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 12:40:02 AM »
can't scrub the car repairs. It needs to get me 180 miles back to Seattle on Monday night... so... I'll call my dad tomorrow to get the part picked up sometime next week. Shouldn't take too long. The idler is right next to the alternator and PS pump. Shouldn't be hard to get to. Last I remembered the 86 buick had a left handed bolt. It took about 10 minutes to figure that out last time... Who knows, this '95 may be a different story.  I'll use the pickup to haul the buggy around (obviously lol. Couldn't impose that kind of stress on the car.) I'm not going to scrub the trip, it is just another small hurdle that always seems to happen.

I'll get some good video too. I picked up an SD1100 camera a little while back. This thing takes really good video compared to any other camera I have used. It's not camcorder quality, but plenty good for what I use it for, and better than what youtube will display it.

plkracer

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 02:33:56 PM »
Well, got that done. Found a shucks about 2 minutes from school, picked the part up along with a 15mm socket and went to town on the old idler. Completely dry and squeeky... It was getting ready to go.

One amazing thing... the bearing that came in it was made in japan.

trojan

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 11:19:55 AM »
One amazing thing... the bearing that came in it was made in japan.

When you don't find that amazing - just usual.... I'll welcome to the real world ;D

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 12:45:25 PM »
considering 98% of everything we have in our homes and use on a daily basis is made in china or taiiwan, its suprising to see japanese parts.. :P:P     on the other hand, japan seems to be way more advanced in their technology compared to us, that its crazy. these places wouldnt have huge thriving cities if all their products were complete trash... so think about that. :D    yea it sucks when you ride breaks, good thing it was an easy fix.. coulda been a head gasket.. :P
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal