Author Topic: Whip Flags  (Read 1480 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Whip Flags
« on: December 06, 2017, 07:07:15 AM »
  Just curious if anyone has ever had a situation where a tiny little orange flag actually alerted you to another buggy and helped avoid a collision? I was thinking about the front mounted flags like required at some areas and the rear mounted usual place. It was then that I realized I've never actually noticed a flag on a buggy when approaching me from the front or side. Only time I see one is when following to see if the lead buggy hits a sudden drop off. All that is required @ LS is a 6"x12" triangle about 6' above what we are really looking for. In other words,not in the direct line of sight. Pretty much makes it out of sight for safety purposes with todays much faster cars and dune speeds than many years ago.

"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Whip Flags
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 09:18:34 AM »
no i haven't either except for watching it dive and such over a dune to know whats ahead. our brains are just wired to look for larger objects lol but for this very reason i have asked a few why does silver lake require front mount especially when most of that dune is directional? you don't see the flag any faster especially under hard accel up a hill imo.   i was told years ago when i first started going to always vear to the right at the tops when possible so if the rail on the other side does the same we have a chance at missing one another. this makes for sense then a flag as you cannot see that until it's too late.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:20:22 AM by dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal