Author Topic: Anyone know of Ryersons in Kansas City Missouri?  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Anyone know of Ryersons in Kansas City Missouri?
« on: July 11, 2017, 08:24:24 PM »
Going through some things and it has been a while since I have posted here. I pop in from time to time but life has been "life".

Anyways working an OK job now but it has its drawbacks. We travel all over and fix issues at GM and Ford contract plants.

I have a VERY strong lead and possibility to get into Ryersons in Kansas City Missouri.

I have been a Silver Lake Sand Duner all my life in Michigan and been to Dumont and Glamis a few times. I have never been to Little Sahara in Waynoka but if I go to Kansas that would be my next Dune haunt.

I know you guys really like Little Sahara and it sure is a hell of a lot easier to get in there than Silver Lake.

Anyone know anything about Ryersons? How about living around Kansas City Missouri?  I do kinda prefer a little bit country where I sleep at night and realize this may mean a bit of a commute.

Not sure how I feel about this. The money is OK at around 60 to 65 thousand to start but it's not the best I have done.

Whats your thoughts if you have any on this area?

https://www.ryerson.com/locations/unitedstates/missouri/kansascity

Thanks!  Bill

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: Anyone know of Ryersons in Kansas City Missouri?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 10:21:27 PM »
I lived in KC for a year.  South of Brush creek /Plaza area by Rockhurst.  Nice enough town.  Your plant is in North KC.   That area was pretty well open at the time.  The growth was South, North of the river you may be able to find your open spaces.  Commute would not be too bad as long as you did not have to cross the river.  KC itself is like any large metro area, all the pluses and all the negatives to boot.  The city is like most large urban areas, pretty liberal in their "enlightenment."  The North side always struck me as a better place to live, retained more of the good Midwest vibe than KC proper.

Personally I did not care for my time there.  Very disconcerting.  Coming from Midwest  you may find the transition  easier.  People are cool, you will learn to embrace the Chiefs, lots is overrated or an acquired taste.  KC always reminded me of Salt Lake, or Denver but both Salt Lake and Denver are nicer.  Maybe that is just my western bias?

Good luck in your decision. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 11:13:17 PM »
Thanks for the input.

I am not a real sports buff as I have reasons to believe it is all rigged. I would rather go watch a high school team play than have free tickets to the 50 yard line at the Rose or Super bowl etc.

Still trying to stay in Michigan but this job can mean a lot of things if I do not find a better before it is offered.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 07:00:34 AM »
KC,Kansas is a good town. The other side of the river(Missouri) is so/so. Crossing the river everyday would be something I would avoid though. I go along with most of what yummi said .The trip to LS would be 7-9 hours from KC depending on where you would live. LS is way better than SL for sure. You will be in the more liberal thinking area of Kansas though,be prepared for that.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 08:44:52 AM »
i really have no experience like yummi or fabr in that neck of the woods but i have a buddy in st louis and he absolutely hates it but he's stuck there for a while. he moved from bennet neb there. good luck on what ever decision you make and btw.....LS is way better than SL or doug wouldn've keep drivinig down lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 06:02:42 PM »
I am OK with liberals. They taste just like chicken!

Not much meat on most of them though...

Yeah I too thought about the Doug Factor. That's quite a drive.

Of course he may be doing it for the company too.  ;)

One thing I must note is Ryerson is a steel outlet with cutting services (laser and plasma (no water jet))  So working there should also mean discounts on the metal.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 06:05:07 PM by Nutz4sand »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 07:35:19 PM »
We'd love you able to join in @ LS!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 07:36:59 PM »
i really have no experience like yummi or fabr in that neck of the woods but i have a buddy in st louis and he absolutely hates it but he's stuck there for a while. he moved from bennet neb there. good luck on what ever decision you make and btw.....LS is way better than SL or doug wouldn've keep drivinig down lol
St.Louis is a shithole.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal