Author Topic: Knock knock  (Read 3393 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Knock knock
« on: May 24, 2017, 08:06:49 PM »
 ff:

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: Knock knock
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 08:41:39 PM »
Everyone has been busy I guess. I know I have been and just haven't taken time to post any of it. The more I try to slow down,the busier I get. Crap!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 05:25:13 AM »
Who's there?
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

St. Anthony Dunes

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 05:44:29 AM »
Me

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 07:03:21 AM »
Let's see, What do I have going on at the moment..........

Working on this (M274 Mule) and trying to focus and finish.  It's close....
http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=267953
Skip to the end it's long....

Shopping for a new Mill and a new Lathe:
I currently have a VERY nice manual Bridgeport that came out of a college (think very little use since it was born in 1977)  It's time to step into the world of CNC mills.  I've watched a friend use a Proto-Trak/EZ-Trak.  Having never programmed anything or even tried to learn, watching him program the Proto-Trak on the fly looks easy.  Seems like a reasonable next step and not too large of a step.  The downside is I don't want to let the manual Bridgeport go and I have a space problem....
The lathe: I have an older (1927) belt drive SouthBend 10L.  It's taught me so much!! but once again I'm ready for the next step.  I'm having a hard time talking myself into a CNC lathe.  Seems I use a lathe for one-off things way more than any multiple stuff.  So therefor I'm thinking I'd like to pick up one of the higher end toolroom lathes like a Monarch 10EE or possible a Hardinge. Once a again the space problem looms it's ugly head.

Oh and for a complete out of the box project:  Wynn needs a tractor for the barn!  Bet you guys didn't see that one coming !  So this city boy has been trying to learn about tractors.  Front loaders to be specific.  You know me I like old stuff that I can restore.  In all honesty she'd be thrilled with a Kubota or similar but that doesn't really check the "cool Factor" box for the mechanic (me).  What has caught my eye so far is the older Ford 8N's.  They're super cool and I'd love to restore one but I read very different opinions of how functional they actually are and how far they are behind the times compared to something from this decade.  This also fits into the space problem.

Oh and I have a regular job too.  Working for a living is damn inconvenient!!!!!!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 10:01:07 AM »
i've always been partial to the older farmals myself which is case now. and never enough room......hmmm seems i've heard that before lol    full time jobs do get in the way of play time....right fast!  ;D ;D
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 01:17:24 PM »
Bummer when the job gets in the way of play.  rofl  But we make it work.  Home work is wrecking my play this summer. House and shops are painted. Been installing all new door frames in both shops, nothing pre-hung here guys, all done by hand.  I hate wood rot. Put in all new forever frame work.  Waiting on the roofers to get me and estimate on two new roof's.  Trim'ed all the bush's in front and the side of the house.  Let's see!!!!!!!! Paint the front door, lay new carpet and hang new paper in the two bath rooms and the main bed room.  I'm tired.   

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 02:00:20 PM »
Well atleast I'm not alone. 

Hummm.... cur part of rear of rail off to make way for new rear drive unit.  Upgrade for the turbo install.
Then sidetracked to absorbing the 1/2 bath into my master bath.  Walk in shower room with a jazuzzi tub.  All tiled, no doors, plenty of room for guest. LOL.  New drywall, vanityies, toilet, move all plumbing.  Close up old door.  It seriously got out of hand! 
Also adding a closet to another room.  Bought a hot tub, wired all that too.  Lots of yard work, back yard, to get the backyard pool oasis ready. 

Fly out tomm for a week hoping southern carribean islands.

And to top it all off, drum roll please, sold my house and move week I get back!!!!!!!!
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 02:23:24 PM »
well good to hear now i hope you find a place to live lol lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 02:51:36 PM »
Let's see, What do I have going on at the moment..........

Working on this (M274 Mule) and trying to focus and finish.  It's close....
http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=267953
Skip to the end it's long....

You do some cool stuff. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 04:04:17 PM »
Bummer when the job gets in the way of play.  rofl  But we make it work.  Home work is wrecking my play this summer. House and shops are painted. Been installing all new door frames in both shops, nothing pre-hung here guys, all done by hand.  I hate wood rot. Put in all new forever frame work.  Waiting on the roofers to get me and estimate on two new roof's.  Trim'ed all the bush's in front and the side of the house.  Let's see!!!!!!!! Paint the front door, lay new carpet and hang new paper in the two bath rooms and the main bed room.  I'm tired.   
we sell and I'm sure there are dealers near you that also sell pre hung door units with composite door frames that will not rot. Would have been a lot easier.............and likely cheaper.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 06:09:22 PM »
You do some cool stuff. 

Thank you sir  ;D

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 09:42:21 PM »
we sell and I'm sure there are dealers near you that also sell pre hung door units with composite door frames that will not rot. Would have been a lot easier.............and likely cheaper.

Ya that would have been the easy way out.  all my doors are steel and still in excellent shape.  Plus all my alarm sensors are embedded into the doors so they are a PITA getting them out.

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 10:29:07 PM »
Do I dare say I have been in Idaho for 2 weeks. Working some but playing mostly or just screwing off doing something.
I am trying to make it work.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 05:05:20 AM »
Do I dare say I have been in Idaho for 2 weeks. Working some but playing mostly or just screwing off doing something.
I am trying to make it work.

Now YOUR pushin it  5: Pictures or it ain't happenin.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal