Author Topic: Beach Buggy Desendent (at stretch maybe)  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Baloo

Beach Buggy Desendent (at stretch maybe)
« on: March 07, 2017, 11:57:12 AM »
Well guys I keep trying to find myself something to do so I can retire from my full time job, getting a bit fed up driving all over the uk,  don't need to make big bucks just something to keep me busy and earn enough to pay the food bill,
I have been toying with building lotus seven type cars and selling them hence my purchase of a dax rush in my other thread,  however getting them street legal over here is no simple or cheap matter but is doable, the other idea rattling around my head was beach buggies, they sound great if your in a hot place with lots of sand dunes but here......  well its not hot and we aint got no sand dunes but I still like  dune buggies most look very dated and are based on vw beetles, long since extinct in the uk, well nearly and if you did chop one up you would be hung drawn and quarterd by the v dub boys ,

anyway I got talking to the guy who designed the hoppa buggy, lots of interesting things came out in the conversation like quote "its dead in the water they aint no beetles left here")   however I really quite like the shape of it,
what do you guys think ?  it looks a lotter better than something dreamt up in the shed ??

have a look at

http://www.hoppastreetbuggy.com/media/

what do you think ?

ok I cant get photobucket to work, will come back to it in a bit

I wasent thinking of using any vw bits at all , I like water with my engines  air cooled must be witchcraft or something, oh and the engine will be at the sharp end too   

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 12:19:37 PM by Baloo »

Offline Baloo

Re: Beach Buggy Desendent (at stretch maybe)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 12:28:35 PM »
ok I cant post up the pics I wanted to as photobucket has taken a dislike to me,

but you can see the pic on the link, the guy who made the clay buck was a professional model maker all his life  he did this for a living for major car manufactures back when computers were still a thing of the future  and the guy who designed the shape  ( his son )is a car designer by profession , what a combo lol,

anyway I was thinking about dropping this body on to a Suzuki vitara chassis, think that's a sidekick to you guys  ?   it can be 2 or 4 wheeldrive  any size engine you like  and instantly becomes road legal over here if I don't alter the chassis 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 05:18:12 PM »
baloo,I like the way you think!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 07:30:27 AM »
i like it
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 07:34:57 AM »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal