Author Topic: new LS fees  (Read 4379 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
new LS fees
« on: January 18, 2017, 06:03:53 PM »
well just read some info on a thread in a duners section on facebook and had to look. it appears that little sahara has changed the rules and now are charging $10 per person in a vehicle going out on the sand. not just the driver anymore so 4 people in a rail is $40 to get in. ya know i thought $10 was bad enough considering that you never know if you'll have water or power at the state sites and if you don't chances are they can't fix it for your trip but this is pretty crappy of them!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: new LS fees
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 06:38:13 PM »
What's the problem. I usually only pay one time anyway.  maybe not at all. The gate is rarely manned. Now if they start citing for not paying on the way out or if caught in the dunes..........crap.  LMAO I've only seen a ranger in the dunes 4 times in about 10 years.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 06:40:16 PM »
Of course I usually run into one on the trail to the dunes when running the whoops at 50 or so.........
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 06:42:03 PM »
Oh ya, 2 seaters rule!  LMAO 5:
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 07:55:14 PM »
the fact that the gate is rarely manned is great but no big deal i have never had an issue paying for each day it's just something else they want to squeeze people even more for no reason especially for what is offered in return. that's all but yes two seater rule  ;D ;D ;) ;)
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 08:01:02 PM »
i added a few comments to the post that i initially read that on and this is one response for a guy that clearly is a democrat lmao this was my response with his statement in quotations and i shouldn't care but these young ones really don't get it.

this is a really interesting statement....."U pay to play look at other parks just closing the door how is it fair for someone that only have atv cause they cant afford a sand car to pay 10 buck a person they people with 4 seater going out with 3 people free it makes seen ever person pays to play not one pays 3 get to play for free"..........think about what you've said here. i can tell you believe it and i'm not going to debate it because i don't believe in obama care! there are quite a few guys at LS with $20k in there quads and a lot of buggies with only $4500 and crap tons of utv's with $25k to $45 k in them, so that makes no sense. they aren't hurting for funds they are just squeezing everyone for all they can to support other parks that are not apart of the sand dunes. there's a nice article in the rangers station stating how this one park supports all those others. it's called principal of the matter! not we should all pay for those that can't afford a better toy.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 09:46:13 PM »
My point was,IF THEY WOULD MAN THE EFFIN GATES more than rarely,there would be no need for any such BS increase in fees. We've all said that for how many years? Not arguing with you DS ,I agree with you.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 05:29:07 AM »
My point was,IF THEY WOULD MAN THE EFFIN GATES more than rarely,there would be no need for any such BS increase in fees. We've all said that for how many years? Not arguing with you DS ,I agree with you.
YEP!!  I have not paid gate fee more than I have.  Before the reservation, I have stayed the whole trip w/o anyone coming to collect camping fee.  The ranger rides thru looking for tree waterers but no fee collectors.  Guess they get the $$$ one way or another.  Half day gate person would collect 75% of $$ from riders.  But hey that's way gov't works. 

Starting tomm, prob have someone there 24/7? LOL
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 05:56:35 AM »
YEP!!  I have not paid gate fee more than I have.  Before the reservation, I have stayed the whole trip w/o anyone coming to collect camping fee.  The ranger rides thru looking for tree waterers but no fee collectors.  Guess they get the $$$ one way or another.  Half day gate person would collect 75% of $$ from riders.  But hey that's way gov't works. 

Starting tomm, prob have someone there 24/7? LOL
Ya,they always said they had to depend on kids to man the gates because it cost too much to have a ranger there. What BS. We ALL have seen hundreds and hundreds of $$$$$ a day not collected. I guess they will be able now to have a gov employee/ranger at the gate ,still lose money and then justify even higher fees because of it. Yep,nothing like having the gov manage anything.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 09:47:20 AM »
i know

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 09:48:43 AM »
Ya,they always said they had to depend on kids to man the gates because it cost too much to have a ranger there. What BS. We ALL have seen hundreds and hundreds of $$$$$ a day not collected. I guess they will be able now to have a gov employee/ranger at the gate ,still lose money and then justify even higher fees because of it. Yep,nothing like having the gov manage anything.

best part about that is not only do the kids probably pocket some but even if they didn't man the gate you can't even drive to the ranger station to by a band or pay for your camp site.... i know i tried once and they wouldn't take my money. in fact all she would say is wait for the people to come to you and collect!!!!!!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 11:36:43 AM »
I don't know if this is correct but I've been told LS is the only state park in Oklahoma that makes a profit! WTF ?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 01:52:43 PM »
I don't know if this is correct but I've been told LS is the only state park in Oklahoma that makes a profit! WTF ?
Yep.  In fact as I understand it it covers the losses the other parks rack up! 

Now I wonder what that place could make if it was private?
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online DeepBusch69

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 02:03:56 PM »
I don't see the state lakes charging for every person in a boat.  I think it SUCKS!  This would really hit a bigger family with a 4 seat buggy.  Heim has the right idea with single seater!  I will have to find more ways to eff em over. 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 02:46:08 PM »

correct! there is some info in the ranger station on the south side that i did read waiting for the ranger to figure out if she could take my money or not for camping fees and a wrist band. LS supports 5 other state parks. so if the citezens of oklahoma would support the parks they wanted to keep open then LS wouldn't have to gouge everyone to support there broke asses so let the other parks fail!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal